trail clearing technique and tools

/ trail clearing technique and tools
Which dead machine, and towed it out with what?
This towed our Outlander out. I guess it was posted in my 6x6 thread on TBN.
tracktruck3.jpg

Last edited:
   / trail clearing technique and tools #682  
But most people who say "I'll do that!" don't when the time comes.
There's a lot of that going around. Lot's of volunteers and lots of interest when it's just a concept. It's a different story when it comes to actually fitting it in their schedule and showing up.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #683  
There's a lot of that going around. Lot's of volunteers and lots of interest when it's just a concept. It's a different story when it comes to actually fitting it in their schedule and showing up.
Yes, we used to volunteer clearing/cleaning replanting riparian habitats. We did it because some friends of ours were part of an organization, Chehalis River something or rather that did the work. Pretty physical work. Lot's of people would raise their hands, but not many would show up.

Ya, its that way everywhere, lots of enthusiasm but can't show up then the work day arrives. This is why we are trying to buy machines. They work when you need it done! 😂 Our 6x6 outlander was a back saver.

Last edited:
   / trail clearing technique and tools #685  
I know you’ve been kicking around a tractor. I think you’d find it would cut down on you manual labor a lot. The problem is it sounds like you’d have to pay for it.

I know you’ve been kicking around a tractor. I think you’d find it would cut down on you manual labor a lot. The problem is it sounds like you’d have to pay for it.
You might have missed this a few posts back. Yes, we pay for 98% of the cost of operating this trail.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I should add a fellow who towed our dead machine out this winter said he has a new 30 series JD compact tractor with 3 point mower and other accessories for it, we could use it this summer."

/ trail clearing technique and tools #687  
I think I asked a few pages back and you said you were basically volunteers. You said you applied for grants but never got any.

We aren't really in the tractor market. When I joined TBN about 6 years ago I was at that time looking for tractor for the club we were then, associated with. We don't have the $$$..

Last edited:
   / trail clearing technique and tools #690  
looks like a neat tool. but I wish you would put your ROPS up when you are working so high up.
You really need FOPS (Falling Object Protection System) for that. ROPS will do just about nothing to protect you from falling debris.