Tractor Shortages

/ Tractor Shortages #201  
I think we ended up here because the auto drivers were intimidated by the trucks. So they lobbied legislation to regulate the trucks

Is it true that a CDL driver can lose his license if caught using his phone without hands free technology while driving?

If the answer is yes, my point is proven.

By far the most dangerous thing on the hiways today is auto drivers.
No question

/ Tractor Shortages #202  
And you don’t think I would agree with that? Of course I would! We ended up where we are today because of LAWYERS.

Im complaining that I have to shell out another $500/yr for testing. How about the state govt take some of their billions of revenue and pay for it?
How many tests, licenses, permits, DEF, fees do we have to pay for in addition to the trucks, trailers, tires, repairs we already pay for?
In 10 years, we will all probably have to buy electric trucks, too.
That is most likely the future…

I agree that if gov regulation creates hoops that we have to jump through due to public concern, then the public (via taxation) need to pay for both the regulation and the costs associated with making it so… it’s only fair.

/ Tractor Shortages #203  
And you don’t think I would agree with that? Of course I would! We ended up where we are today because of LAWYERS.

Im complaining that I have to shell out another $500/yr for testing. How about the state govt take some of their billions of revenue and pay for it?
How many tests, licenses, permits, DEF, fees do we have to pay for in addition to the trucks, trailers, tires, repairs we already pay for?
In 10 years, we will all probably have to buy electric trucks, too.
Do you not have an agency that supports and lobby’s for your/these concerns in Washington?

/ Tractor Shortages #204  
What do you have to pay $500 a year to test?
Drug and alcohol testing.
This year, I have to pay my $150 consortium membership fee and $120 for each quarterly test where my name is drawn in the “lottery” (random drug testing). I got selected 3 of 4 quarters this year, so $500+ total this year.

/ Tractor Shortages #205  
This year I have to pay my $200 consortium membership fee and $120 for each quarterly test where my name is drawn in the “lottery” (random drug testing). I got selected 3 of 4 quarters this year, so $560 total this year.

I’ve never heard of that. What is it for?

/ Tractor Shortages #207  
   / Tractor Shortages #209  
It’s government mandated? $120 is a ripoff for a drug test too.
The state uses University of Pennsylvania health system (aka Penn) to run the testing. It is a rip off!

/ Tractor Shortages #210  
Sounds like you’re looking for the taxpayer to support you via a government bailout.

Maybe find a different career?