Tractor decision

/ Tractor decision #64  
He clearly stated he wanted a cab. Who cares you worked in a factory your whole life.
Let me say it again, he wants a cab. Why don't you get it?
As I read it he asked if he was on the right track. Some folks are pointing out why it may not be the right solution but you’re just being a butt about it, there are good things and bad things about cabs and maybe you should understand the question and what he’s trying to do before you just recommend what you have as the answer. shrug.

/ Tractor decision #66  
Having worked in factories all of my life, you couldn’t pay me to own a cabbed tractor, after I retire. I love my outside time, on my open station tractors.

The home-made canopy on the JD is a very nice feature for open field work in the summer or in the rain though:
You can see that I am not “color blind” because I run the American “big 3”.

Maybe he has worked outside his whole life and you couldn't pay him to sweat, freeze or be rained on.

Sheesh.

Maybe he gets 30° below zero where he lives I’m not sure if I looked where he lives or where he lives, I’ve got a side-by-side with heat and air conditioning because I can, I plow snow in Minnesota with the side-by-side with heat, I don’t have a cab on my tractor because I’m in the woods a lot but I do have 12volt heated jacket and gloves from my motorcycle riding days for when I use the snow bucket to move the snow with the tractor or using the grapple in the woods in the winter and I don’t mind the cold anyways

/ Tractor decision #67  
As I read it he asked if he was on the right track. Some folks are pointing out why it may not be the right solution but you’re just being a butt about it, there are good things and bad things about cabs and maybe you should understand the question and what he’s trying to do before you just recommend what you have as the answer. shrug.
I will say it again. He clearly stated he wanted a cab. I am hardly being a butt about anything. I am sure that Barry has probably seen tractors without cabs.
What I don't get is someone coming into a thread and saying there is no way you could pay him to have a cab. Ok. What does that add? (I like the picture he posted with the Vise Grip clamped onto something, very classy).
As someone said earlier, it's Barry's money. He wants a cab. Do I care if he gets a tractor with a cab? No.
All of the tractors I grew up with did not have a cab. My firs tractor did not have a cab. My second tractor did not have a cab. My third tractor does have a cab. So what.

Let me just end this with one more comment.

It's Barry's money. He wants a cab. Is it that hard to figure out? Sheesh.

/ Tractor decision #69  
With the Cab, he wants one, and hasn't specifically said he planned to use the tractor extensively in the woods. I Do think 90" is pretty tall, and I personally don't think a cab is worth it, but for him, it is.

The visibility out of any given model of cab can vary a lot, and that should be an important factor in choosing the machine. It's not just seeing out, it's seeing the bucket corners, and where the front pillers are, and how they affect the view, especially the lower front corners.

It sounds like our OP has some time, so, I would advise, taking a close look at at least 3 models in the similar range;

So, if we want to give our OP some 'homework'; find, and atleast sit in, a cab model DK5020; a MT357; a MT347; and maybe a NX6010. I still would check out a MF 1850M too, and maybe another model, possibly a Kubota MX6000HSTC.

/ Tractor decision #70  
Neighbor and I both bought 50 hp tractors last yr. He got a cab. I put 10 times the hrs on mine that he does on his. I'm on and off the tractor alot, work in tight spaces, never owned a cab, mild climate, no snow. Neighbor runs his tractor in sandals with the AC blowing. He's happy, but I wouldn't trade. To each their own.