Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone?

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone?
I got confused in the back-and-forth. What do you think the wiring problem is?

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone? #22  
The AUX plug is on the bottom right of the head unit under a rubber cover. The separate plug you are talking about is the headphone output that is hardwired from the back of the unit.
What ruffdog said worked for me, with an iPhone. Didn’t even need to press AUX button, it switched over automatically.

Make sure you’re plugging into the right connection. The AUX plug-in is well camouflaged with a rubber cover that matches the rubber exterior - it even says “aux in” on that cover. See photo.

Attachments

• 853A7A21-B610-471C-8B16-162E75F5C8A0.jpeg
    853A7A21-B610-471C-8B16-162E75F5C8A0.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 123
   / Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone? #23  
sure interesting, never saw this plug both myself and the dealer tried the one on the left of the radio, guess thats headphones yes?

this site is great, one learns something new every day, thanks for figuring this out

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone? #24  
The 1/8" plug port separate of the radio head is just the headphone jack.

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone? #25  
ruffdog will be telling the dealer next visit, they were saying the othe plug, guess its in the manual but? will try it next snow day, looking like friday night and Saturday will be fun, 8 to 12 inches expected

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone? #26  
I hope it works for ya!

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone?
I headed up to my mountain Toolcat this weekend, sure that the solution posted in this thread wasn't going to solve my problem. I was just *sure* I wouldn't have plugged my iPhone into the headphone port rather than the AUX input port...

But yes, that's exactly what I had done, and voila, plugging it into the AUX input port works like a charm. All I can say is I'm glad I wasn't the only one :)

Thanks, all!

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone? #28  
aeisnow, its so funny how one assumed the aux port was the headphone jack, even my dealer was convinced that was the case even replaced one radio because of it, both my actual AUX plugs work

how cunningly the actual AUX plug is covered by a plastic cover part of the bezel

have to look at the manual and see if they show how it does connect

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone? #29  
If you look at the bottom right corner of your radio frame, you will see it looks different. Lift up the little rubber flap- that is the AUX port. The other port that is all by itself is the headphone port.