Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone?

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone? #1  

aelsnow

Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600
My 2021 Toolcat 5600 came with the stock radio, with the AUX port. I have tried multiple cables from my iPhone into the AUX port, but I cannot get sound from my iPhone to play through the Toolcat's radio/speakers. The AM/FM radio works fine.

Do others of you successfully use your stock Toolcat radios with iPhones via the AUX port?

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone? #2  
Not sure about your Aux port issue as I am still 9 months out from receiving my ToolCat but already ordered the radio upgrade and its sitting in the living room. The unit has Bluetooth for Audio and calling. Happy I bought it when I did at $370 a month ago becuase it has gone up!

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone?
I suppose I could upgrade, but I can live with the AUX cable solution if it would just....work. I'm hoping it is a stupid user error.

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone? #4  
Just spit balling here..

I assume you are using a lighting to mini stereo adapter, and then a mini stereo cable from the adapter to the radio.

Cheapest option is to rule out adapter and cable. Its an analog connection so not much to troubleshoot.

The other cheaper option is to just get a simple Bluetooth receiver to plug in to the radio -

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone? #5  
My 2021 Toolcat 5600 came with the stock radio, with the AUX port. I have tried multiple cables from my iPhone into the AUX port, but I cannot get sound from my iPhone to play through the Toolcat's radio/speakers. The AM/FM radio works fine.

Do others of you successfully use your stock Toolcat radios with iPhones via the AUX port?

Did you press the AUX button after you connected your device?

Just spit balling here..

I assume you are using a lighting to mini stereo adapter, and then a mini stereo cable from the adapter to the radio.

Cheapest option is to rule out adapter and cable. Its an analog connection so not much to troubleshoot.

The other cheaper option is to just get a simple Bluetooth receiver to plug in to the radio -

I tried two cables:
1) lighting-to-mini adapter, then mini stereo cable to AUX port on radio.
2) A no-adapter solution: one cable that goes lighting-to-mini-stereo (lighting-to-AUX)

I like the idea of the Bluetooth receiver plug, though my AUX port might not be working...

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone? #8  
Per the manual that came with my replacement radio from Jensen:

Auxiliary Input Function
To connect a portable audio device (MP3 player, IPOD, etc) to the Jensen JHD910, connect the headphone or line level output of the device to the 1/8" auxiliary input jack of the JHD910 using the audio patch cord (included). Press AUX to select auxiliary input mode.

No troubleshooting info about this function was in the manual.

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone? #9  
You may have to push the plug in/out several times to get a good connection if it hasn't been used for a while. I had to do that with the headphone jack when the speakers were acting up.

/ Toolcat radio AUX port with iPhone? #10  
my 2020 5600 aux plug has never worked, under warranty the radio was replaced and still not working, never worked for the dealer either

I have a bluetooth speaker in the cab for music