Tire Pressure

/ Tire Pressure #11  
Not so sure about the tire pressure being the same on and off the tractor. I can have 30lbs in my utility trailer tires, load about 1 ton of firewood on there and have 38 lbs or so of air pressure in them.

/ Tire Pressure #12  
Jeff had it right - JUST introducing outside pressure will not change the inside pressure IF the volume doesn't change. But how much the volume does change is going to vary tire by tire, load by load, radial or bias, etc.,

In my experience, normal auto tires seem to have very little difference on or off the car. My GT tire's don't change on/off. Like slowrev said, I've seen trailer tires (undersized for the load) show a difference. Still waiting to get an air/water gauge for the bigger tractor, so I don't know how/if they're effected yet. Simplest test for your tractor tires - try it both ways at least once and compare. To paraphrase Yogi - "you'll know when you know, then you'll know".

/ Tire Pressure #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( To paraphrase Yogi - "you'll know when you know, then you'll know". )</font>

When did he say that, before or after he stole the picnic basket?

/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Tire Pressure #14  
Wrong Yogi. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Tire Pressure #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Wrong Yogi. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )</font>

It is the age problem...... the youngster probably wasn't born when Yogi said that.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Learn more about Yogi at this web page

/ Tire Pressure #16  
Oh THAT Yogi /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and I thought you were talking about the bear. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I would bet money that the bear was around long before the Berra, so I don't know what age would have to do with it, but thanks for calling me a youngster.

/ Tire Pressure #17  
JeffRey did a good job with the technical explanation. Thanks, Jeff. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif This is just another of those times when I wish I'd taken a couple science and physics classes along the way. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Tire Pressure #18  
The Yogi you were thinking of debuted in 1958. To learn more about him, please go to this web page .... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tire Pressure #19  
Both Yogi B and Yogi the B aside, I wish I'd read these posts before I checked my tires and wondered why fluid was coming out the value stem even though it was at 12 o'clock. I'll remember for next time.
Thanks Guys!!!!

Eric P.