THIS is how you handle porch thieves

/ THIS is how you handle porch thieves
If you do family trees, there's good chances of that happening if you go back that many generations. It's kinda fun doing research like that. :)
The reality is in my family, no one really knows our family history past 3 generations. When both sets of my grandparents came off the boat in the early 1900's, fathers side from Lithuania, mothers side from Russia prior to the soviet union.

Mom's mom ended up in Pa, while my moms aunt ended up in Chicago. Dad's side came over as husband and wife I believe.

You'd probably be going a ways back before you found any long distance inbreeding LOL

My buddy from WV however had his mom and aunt all rolled into one...(just joking 😁 ).

Last edited:
   / THIS is how you handle porch thieves #212  
I know... you don't get out of here alive... But, how convinced are you this has a purpose and a meaning?
To whom? And in what context? I'm convinced that most of life's mysteries are unknowable; which leaves me in pretty much the same situation as every other human being; on a celestial omnibus that started who-knows-where, and stops occasionally to let folks off. I am trying to make the most of the ride, and leave it better off than I found it.

To me, life has meaning in the context of family, friends, work and community. Nature has a plan, and if we live our lives in accordance with biology, culture and evolution, it makes sense. Beyond that is a spiritual experience that is deeply personal, and for the most part unknown.

/ THIS is how you handle porch thieves #213  
I don't know if i believe it but......one of my country buddies tells the story of how the DNR or whoever tagged a turkey with some kind of location chip. No details of course.

Story goes, some young guys were poaching and the authorities were somehow able to find the kid and the turkey. Big fines etc etc.

Sounds like BS to me. but he swears it's true.

I wonder if they could somehow track the packages? Not all but a few bait packages? In the movies the bank robber always ends up with an explosion of blue paint on his face.
GPS locating chips are fairly common on certain types of protected fresh water fish (like sturgeon), and New Jersey conservation officers use them to track the endangered (and extremely docile) camouflaged corn snake. And the regular tracking collars used for larger game like grizzlies, have been used to locate illegally hunted animals. It wouldn't surprise me for DNR to tag animals in a petting zoo, for example.

/ THIS is how you handle porch thieves #214  
One of my nephews did a turtle study in a town and tagged a bunch of turtles. He followed them for a couple years to see how far they moved in the local river systems. Pretty interesting.