• Thank you for participating in the Summit Tractors Community. Per special arrangement with the TBN team, Summit Tractors will regularly monitor and contribute to this forum to help ensure that the community has direct access to Summit. You can ask and find answers to a range of topics directly from Summit and from other TBN users, including; Where to Buy, Future Retailers and Locations, Financing, Compatible Equipment, Tractor Operating, Equipment Specifications, Parts & Service Support, Warranty and anything else that may assist those in the market for a new tractor. If you cannot find the answer to a specific question on this forum, please feel free to contact Summit Tractors Directly or through a Private Message to Summit Tractors Support via TBN.
Ad top of page
   / Stalling Engine #11  
So, just bought a summit tractor last week as Atwoods. Has been an amazing addition to my 66 Ford 2000.

Today something went haywire though, I was driving and it started sputtering, then died. Now it won’t stay running, and when it does start idling, it won’t rev up. I checked fuel level, gauge shows 3/4 full, but verified in the tank and added about a gallon for good measure.

While adding the fuel I spilled some, so I grabbed the hose and washed it off, while I was there, I hosed all the dust off of it and inside the engine bay. After that, it start up and acted normal, for about 5 minutes.

So I started thinking overheating, let it cool and checked the coolant levels. All normal.

It still only has the fuel in it that came in it from Atwoods and the gallon I added.

And of course, once I decided I needed to talk to summit. That had closed 11 minutes before I messaged them. Story of my life. Lol.

Does anyone have any ideas of things to check on this? If it were a gas engine, I would be golden, but diesel is a new part of my life.

Surely the two fuel filters wouldn’t be clogged a week after purchase, right?
Checking to see if you got help? I have seen this on Solis Tractors and it points to fuel but turns out it's the crank sensor. Check and make sure it's good.

If you need help let me know. I'm the Texas Territory Manager for Solis.

/ Stalling Engine #14  
my summit tractor wont pull a 2or 4 % grade in high range.i'm talking moving from one place to another on the road not in a field.it sucks having to stop put it in low and get up the hill and stop put back in high go 100 yard and do it all over.this is the first tractor i've had to do that with .my RK19 doesn't do that my cousins kabota doesn't and it's a 26 hp .any help would be appreciated thanks in advance
Hi there, our area service manager has asked What rpms are you running at? You need to be wide open throttle. Our tractor is also larger size and heavier for stability.

/ Stalling Engine #15  
wide open throttle.they took it in and adjusted the forward foot pedal it wasn't get full travel.it's better for sure but still not right but i'll adjust to it

/ Stalling Engine #17  
When an HST Tractor slows down the driver tends to push the speed peddle harder…like an accelerator. Wrong!!! Ease up on the peddle and it will reduce speed but continue forward with power unless it’s extremely steep.

This is both true and not well known; hell, I'm pretty sure I learned about it on this forum.

/ Stalling Engine
Did you get this resolved?
Sorry, notifications for this entire thread just got my inbox all at once, months later. lol.

Yes summit worked with me, even sent a service manger to look at it. No one could find anything wrong, everything looked good. One day when it happened they had me verify an electrical connection again, that both they and I had checked several times. As I was pulling it apart, one of the pins slipped out of the connector.

New wire harness and all was grand. No problems since.

/ Stalling Engine
Checking to see if you got help? I have seen this on Solis Tractors and it points to fuel but turns out it's the crank sensor. Check and make sure it's good.

If you need help let me know. I'm the Texas Territory Manager for Solis.
Yes I did. Turned out to be a loose pin in the fuel pump wire harness.

Ad bottom of page