Spontaneous logouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Spontaneous logouts #1  

hayden

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 cab + FEL, KX121, KX080
I periodically get logged out while browsing TBN. I'll switch pages (this last time I went from page 1 to page 2 of the topics on one of the forums), and all of a sudden instead of "welcome back Hayden" in the upper right I'll see a blank username and password.

Anyone else seeing this? Could my computer be doing it somehow?

Thanks

/ Spontaneous logouts #2  
Are you on a wireless connection? That could be it
:)

/ Spontaneous logouts
MrJimi said:
Are you on a wireless connection? That could be it

Why would that cause logouts? I can shut off my computer, then restart and browse to TBN and still be logged in. Same is true overnight when both by 802G wireless shuts off, and my satellite internet shuts off. When I turn back on in the AM TBN will remember me and log me back in. This only started in the last week or so as best I can tell.

/ Spontaneous logouts #4  
I'm thinking like losing a signal on a cell phone type of device
I just thought about what It may be..
Do you click the REMEMBER ME box?
Thats happened to me in the past

/ Spontaneous logouts #5  
I never Log Out, but I do periodically wipe out the cookies, Internet history, etc. by using Norton SystemWorks. Then when I get back on the Internet, I have to log in on my ISP's home page, two daily newspapers, Countrybynet, and Tractorbynet. Now I stay logged on all of those except Tractorbynet. It doesn't log me out like you're saying, but every time I leave Tractorbynet, when I come back, I have to log on again. That situation sometimes lasts for up to 3 days and other times, will clear up within one day and keep me logged on.:confused: I have no idea whether it's my computer, my ISP, or TBN's server, etc. But I stay logged on everywhere except TBN.

/ Spontaneous logouts
I check the "remember me" box and that appears to work well.

I don't recall ever suddenly going from logged in to logged out in the middle of TBN browsing.

I first noticed it because the regional forums would suddenly dissappear. It took me a while to realize they are only visible when you are logged in, and that it getting logged out was then root problem.

/ Spontaneous logouts #7  
funny i saw this thread,because i was posting today,and when i tryed to post a pic,a screen came up and said i wasnt logged in:rolleyes: Ibacked up and i was logged in.The only way i could post the pic was to log in again in the little picture posting box.
As a lot of you know now,im the king of log in problems,i just got back from a 4 month absense .because i couldnt log in,and couldnt get sent a password.
Makes me wonder if we ever lost any members that got closed out like i was.Thanks to MUHAMMAD for resetting me manually.Still dont understand what the problem was with the computer-password thing though.:confused: Its great to be back,but back on the subject i did have the logout thing today
ALAN

/ Spontaneous logouts #8  
I, too, have too frequent log outs.... typically I must type an extended reply, copy/save it... then try to post... which results in a log in screen... I log back in... return to the the thread... post a reply... then PASTE the reply into the blank screen and quickly submit before I'm again forgotten by the login software.

This has been a problem, consistently, for over a year... I've learned to live with it... happens on several different computers. Yes, I check REMEMBER ME and it doesn't.

/ Spontaneous logouts
Yup, sounds like the same problem.

OK TBN coding gurus, what do you think?

/ Spontaneous logouts #10  
any TBN programmer wishing more detail is welcome to PM me and I'll respond with much detail regarding the various systems I have, browsers, etc. etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.