Snow Attachments Snowblower Width VS FEL plow width

/ Snowblower Width VS FEL plow width #1  

lmroy1979

Tractor
Kioti CK30HST w/ loader
Hi,

Maybe this can sound a strange question, I don't know.

What is the best width for a snow FEL reversible (push or pull) snow plow IN REFERENCE TO THE SNOWBLOWER, for best maneuverability. Is it best to have it a bit wider, same width...??? What are your experience driven opinion on the subject.

I will use this setup for private driveways, (no large parking lot)

(Kioti ck30h with 72" rear SB.)

Thank's

/ Snowblower Width VS FEL plow width #2  
Snowblowers are like snowplows; you're going to want it wider than your tractor tires.
You want your tires on cleared pavement, even in turns. So go with a blower (or plow) at least 6 inches wider that your tires on both sides.

/ Snowblower Width VS FEL plow width #3  
Wider is always better, but I'm not sure your machine could handle a 7 foot plow.
72" would be about right (the same as the blower), not any smaller.

/ Snowblower Width VS FEL plow width #4  
I would size the plow so that it covers your track when angled. For a 30 degree plow that's about 18" wider than the width of your tractor. You would need a 90" plow to cut a 72" width when angled.

With the wider plow you need to raise it above the snow depth or angle it when using the snowblower or it will knock snow into the area you just cleared.

How wide is your tractor?

/ Snowblower Width VS FEL plow width
I would size the plow so that it covers your track when angled. For a 30 degree plow that's about 18" wider than the width of your tractor. You would need a 90" plow to cut a 72" width when angled.

With the wider plow you need to raise it above the snow depth or angle it when using the snowblower or it will knock snow into the area you just cleared.

How wide is your tractor?

Thank's Deerherd,

My tractor is 60" wide. The plow I intend to use can not by angled. See picture: gratte-rversible.png

Would you then say that it should be 72" like the read SB? My question really is about the width of plow in reference to the rear SB.

Thank's again.

/ Snowblower Width VS FEL plow width #6  
I think the blade and the blower should be the same width. I have an extreme case of them being different - and it can be a curse at times. My FEL bucket is 54" wide and my rear blower is 74". If I am using the bucket I can't get closer than 10" to a snowbank or the blower will knock down the bank behind me, and I have to be very careful not to sideswipe cars or buildings with the blower. Hope this helps.

/ Snowblower Width VS FEL plow width #7  
Thank's Deerherd,

My tractor is 60" wide. The plow I intend to use can not by angled. See picture:View attachment 367933

Would you then say that it should be 72" like the read SB? My question really is about the width of plow in reference to the rear SB.

Thank's again.

That would be a snow pusher, not a plow and a pusher should be sized the same as the blower.

Good luck!

/ Snowblower Width VS FEL plow width #9  
Maybe this can sound a strange question, I don't know.

What is the best width for a snow FEL reversible (push or pull) snow plow IN REFERENCE TO THE SNOWBLOWER, for best maneuverability. Is it best to have it a bit wider, same width...??? What are your experience driven opinion on the subject.

Not a strange question at all.

While not related to a snow blower, my practice has been to have no 3ph attachment that's wider than my FEL so I know if the FEL fits through an opening, the attachment will, too.

/ Snowblower Width VS FEL plow width #10  
I run a 8' snowpusher with a 7' blower. It is a good combination but you have to be careful not to clip things with the pusher/blade in tight areas. I actually prefer my 72" bucket mounted when I am moving banks but it does not work good for general clean up. So my first choice would be a wider FEL attachment than the blower. CJ