Snow Pusher

/ Snow Pusher #1  

devildog1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's
Question for Forum, Has any have or had experiences using a snow pusher on a 35/40 hp tractor? I'm looking and pondering buying one for my L3540 Kubota. I'm not sure as I did purchase a HLA 2000 plow for loader but did not like the way it pushed tractor in heavy or wet snow so I sold it after one year. Would a snow pusher work better for my size tractor, all tires are loaded for weight . I do have a LP3584 BB for rear but would like something up front too.Driveway is 200' blacktopped and L shaped for turn around for large travel trailer.Will the snow pusher push my Kubota around as much as the front heavy HLA 2000 Plow?

Devil Dog

/ Snow Pusher #2  
From just general snowplow and snow removal experience, the heavier and deeper the snow is, the more it will push around the equipment your are pushing with.

taking smaller bites (if possible) helps, or plowing deep snow with the blade maybe five inches off the ground for the first pass.

The heavier your equipment is, the better. Tire chains will definitely help too.

/ Snow Pusher #3  
I bought a 7' pusher with my tractor back in 2014. Sold the pusher after 1 year. In my experience a pusher will work great in a straight line (like parking lots) but is very hard to turn with a full pusher box. I ended up modifying a 7 1/2' truck plow to a quick attach plate and ran hoses from one of my rear remotes to the front to angle the plow. It is much easier plowing with an angled blade.

/ Snow Pusher #4  
I use a 6 foot pusher on my 35 ish hp Mitsubishi CUT.
OK, I'm chained but I can scary load it up any time.
Oh, and I have wings on that blade.
BUT forget angle pushing ala big snow plow, simply not enough weight and my old rims can attest to that.
Straight line only now!

/ Snow Pusher #5  
Has any have or had experiences using a snow pusher on a 35/40 hp tractor
Not yet, but I have a brand spankin' new 6-foot snow pusher for my DK 47 that I'll be using this winter.
I considered a plow but rejected it because I'll never have the speed that serves a plow best. So I'll push pick and dump.
A guy who works for a wealthy Dr around the corner has a kubota with a loader and that's all he uses to clear that place. So if all you had was a loader it'd still work for you.

/ Snow Pusher #6  
I have the 7' HLA 1800 on my 40 hp Kubota. As PILOON said it's great at pushing straight. I used 4WD a few times last winter and grooved my R4's this summer to see how that works. I think the 40 hp tractor could actually handle an 8' pusher with no problem.

Here's a link to some snow I was pushing last winter for the dogs to have a path.

/ Snow Pusher
Thank you all for your reply's, I'm sure I'll purchace one but now trying to find one may not be easy as HLA's site are all sold out on 1800 Black or Green for rest of this year, humn, no Orange yet.

Devildog1

/ Snow Pusher #8  
I have a 8' SSQA plow on my L4060 (40hp, probably 7k lbs with a full load of impliments. Just picked up a 3pt blower. I expect I'll still use the plow for 75% of my work as its faster & not looking over my shoulder. Colorado snow drifts are to much to plow at times though. 20% of my driveway will be bare gravel & I have an over 6' packed snow drift to dig out so I can get the tractor out of the barn.

I do OK with the plow angled usually. Run out of power & traction on bigger drifts. It does push me sideways a bit.

/ Snow Pusher #9  
Park the tractor with the business end facing the snow. Previous owner here told me of a time he backed his tractor into the quonset only to have a huge drift in front of the door in the morning. His Massey 1105 couldn't drive through the drift, had to shovel his way out. In the right conditions here, the snow drifts in hard enough to walk on.

/ Snow Pusher #10  
I want this one: