Shop ideas to consider

/ Shop ideas to consider #31  
I use corded reels inside the overhead doors to reach inside or out. IMO, makes life a little easier, quick to take out and really quick to put away
Same. I had an air line on the outside of my last shop, and found it was more a PITA than it was worth, unplugging a hose to carry it outside and plug it in out there. Much easier to just roll up a door, toss the hose end outside, and then close the door on it. Overhead door seals are thick enough to usually seal around the hose almost as well as if it were not even there, at least for a few hours of use.

/ Shop ideas to consider #33  
I saw this on Facebook this morning... It would be a pretty sweet addition to a home workshop.

NutsAndBolts1.jpg
NutsAndBolts2.jpg

Perhaps I could get them knocked down a bit on price. Although inevitably there will be stuff that just isn't useful. I've pretty much stopped using any grade 3 bolts or unmarked bolts. 5 or 8 or nothing.

/ Shop ideas to consider #34  
I wonder what it would cost to put 10 pieces in every cubby.

/ Shop ideas to consider #35  
I wonder what it would cost to put 10 pieces in every cubby.
That set is large, and apparently fairly complete, although I don't know if it would have every piece I'd be hunting for, and undoubtedly has a lot I'd never use.

Wilco sells grade 5 and grade 8 bolts by the pound, and seems more reasonably priced than other stores. So, I'll eventually buy a few of each. Unfortunately they also skip a few sizes.

/ Shop ideas to consider #36  
The walls of my original shop have 4 ft of plywood at their bottom and drywall above. When I added on, I used perforated steel siding instead, which made a big improvement in sound absorption. Comes in colors, including white. Didn't compare costs with drywall but it should go up faster and no finishing is required.

/ Shop ideas to consider #37  
Hot/cold outdoor spigot. Great when washing vehicles. Can’t have enough outdoor outlets. I have a duplex outdoor outlet at every corner plus 2 30 amp RV outlets outside on the long walls of my shop. Got away from a fixed location compressor (had a 6 horse, 60 gallon two stage in my previous shop)- went with a 3horse, 30 gallon mobile compressor-it can’t some of the high demand stuff that my other compressor but I’ve really gotten away from pneumatics for the most part.

/ Shop ideas to consider #39  
Coat and hat hooks.
Good catch! One of those things you usually don't think about until after the shop is done, and then wonder where you'll hang them. I have 16 heavy cast-iron coat hooks on the first floor, and another dozen on the second floor. They get used for coats and hats on bad weather days, but for everything from extension cords to respirator masks every day!