Seafoam for real?

/ Seafoam for real? #51  
I got the Husky Back Pac blower out yesterday. It's been sitting up in the shop loft since last October.

It started on the second pull, Ran perfectly right out of the gate. Ran through the entire tank of fuel.

I didn't put Sea Foam or any other fuel additive in when it was put away.

Testimonial! ;-)
You must not believe in life insurance either?

/ Seafoam for real? #52  
You must not believe in life insurance either?
You are right! I do keep 10K stashed to get me in the ground though.

"Here lies my body, Lost at sea . and never recovered"

/ Seafoam for real? #53  
. If this actually does something, how does it work? I assume some kind of cleaner
It’s a good cleaner-starter fluid in my opinion. I poured it into the gas tank and a little into the carb the other day on an old mower I had not been able to start. Two pulls and it fired up and smoked like a diesel for about a full minute then ran fine all day. Next day fired it right up on second pull with just fresh non-E fuel.

/ Seafoam for real? #54  
Had some Seafoam leftover from when I had gas engines. Bought a 2nd one and put both into the Isuzu's generator tank. Should have bought a 3rd because it's 1 ounce/gallon. Only 16 ounces in each container. Got 50 gallons.

/ Seafoam for real? #55  
I just purchased some Seafoam. Never used it but hear good things. I have 2 stroke weed wackers and a tiller, diesel tractor and gas 3 mowers. Is this stuff good in ALL of the equipment? Should it be used only in the event of "issues", added to the fuel for maintenance or both?

I have been using Stabil. I switched to Marine Stabil (blue) from the red based on a recommendation from a mechanic. It seems to do the job in my case. The blue is more money but you use much less.

Any comments? Thx guys!

/ Seafoam for real? #56  
I've used Seafoam for nearly 6-8 years, with good results. My 2, '88 Wheel Horse 310-8's with Kohler engines have a check valve in the carb, to prevent drain back to the tank, if left setting for a few days. Ethanol laced fuel will cause that check valve to get gunked up, and let fuel run back to the tank, and takes a while to pull fuel back to the carb. Per directions, I pulled the fuel line from the carb, and put a short section on, poured some in full strength. Let it set overnight, then put the line back on. Put prescribed amount in the tank, and mowed for 4 hours. A week later, when starting up to mow, it fired right up. After that, just added the prescribed amount, and both start fine.

I now use Stabil 360, which stabilizes fuel, and also cleans the fuel system. It only takes 1 oz. per 5 gallons of gas, so add it to my fuel cans, before filling them up, so I know it's in there, and mixed up. I still use Seafoam occasionally on new to me tractors. Seems I'm always picking up an occasional garden tractor, both 2 wheel, and 4 wheel. If they are runners, I'll add it. If non- runners, I'll clean the fuel system, then add it to do a final clean-up, even using the gas with Stabil 360 added.

/ Seafoam for real?
I only use Seafoam if I have an engine that isn’t quite running right.

/ Seafoam for real? #58  
I have been adding Stabil when I fill the gas cans and Seafoam whenever a chainsaw, etc. is hard to start or runs poorly. Seems to work well.

However, the local Stihl dealer claims Stabil is junk and it's much better to use Seafoam in it's place. IDK but I may give that a try.

BTW don't overdue the Seafoam. my son had a clogged carb and tried starting it with straight Seafoam. Ruined the engine. He said he should have known better.

/ Seafoam for real? #59  
BTW don't overdue the Seafoam. my son had a clogged carb and tried starting it with straight Seafoam. Ruined the engine. He said he should have known better.
I did that today. After the mower started, finally, on a high concentration of Seafoam in the fuel and a little dash in the carb I pulled out an old Yard Machines leaf vacuum with a Briggs engine that has set up over 5 years. The fuel line was rotted so I replaced that about a month ago and tried to start it. Nothing doing. No time to mess with it then but today I decided to try it again. After flooding the carb with Seafoam and letting it sit about 30 minutes it fired up. Smoked up a storm but settled down and ran like a sewing machine.

I guess Time will tell.

/ Seafoam for real? #60  
I dont use it or Stabil either, just makers more of a gooey mess.