Sold on Seafoam

/ Sold on Seafoam #91  
I suggest you watch 'Taryl Fixes All fuel additive video. Sea Foam ain't worth a crap. Very interesting YT viedo. Startron is even worse.
He he he..............

/ Sold on Seafoam #92  
In his test, the ONLY one that worked was VP syn fuel and he used new engines provided by Ariens so all the engines were new and not run. Everything else, the bowls were loaded with gunk on ethanol fuel. Very good test. Seafoam was the worst btw, Startron was second. The Marine Stabil started but still had some gunk in the bowl.

I'll stick with Trufuel for my ocasional use power equipment like chain saws and weed trimmers. It ain't cheap but neither is a new carb.

One thing about Taryl is, other than his wacky humor, he's always right. I subscribe to his YT channel and have for a long time.

Most wouldn't even start at all after a year sitting.

Was amazing how much crap was in the bowls. Gunk and rust from the water in the e-gas.

Obvious to me that Startron and Seafoam is nothing but junk.

/ Sold on Seafoam #94  
This was a pretty timely post for me. I just picked up a bottle of Seafoam and I put a glug in all of my 2 and 4 stroke engines---dirtbike, chain saws (3), leaf blower, brush cutter, rototiller, splitter, pressure washer and my Kubota. I was having all kinds of trouble a few years back with the Kohler engine on my splitter. I had been in touch with Kohler several times and the tech recommended Seafoam. That engine puked after about a year and they covered it under warranty. About another year later, the replacement engine took a crap and was out of warranty by then (2 engines in a little over 2 years), so I just picked up a Predator at HF and it's been pretty flawless, especially compared to the Kohlers. I hadn't started the Predator in 4 months but it's that time again and this week I went out and gave that Predator a tug and she kicked off on the 1st pull. I'm running 90 octane non-ethanol with a splash of seafoam. To get away from the ethanol issues, I was running avgas 100, but I wondered if the lead wasn't causing some issues. When the 1st Kohler crapped out, a valve stuck. The 90 octane non-ethanol is a lot cheaper and I probably don't need the lead in these engines that weren't designed to run it. Kohler didn't think it was an issue in the 1st engine's failure but who knows…

/ Sold on Seafoam #96  
I'm guessing your Kohler wasn't made in China. We had a Kohler on an old Simplicity L & G tractor and it sure mowed a lot of grass and blew a lot of snow. I had these engines on Craigslist for 40 bucks, just hoping someone wanted a project but no takers.

Attachments

• IMG_6826.JPG
    IMG_6826.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
   / Sold on Seafoam #99  
I suggest you watch 'Taryl Fixes All fuel additive video. Sea Foam ain't worth a crap. Very interesting YT viedo. Startron is even worse.
I’ve seen it. My experience, nor thousands of others, doesn’t necessarily correlate with his results. But, I don’t use SeaFoam as a stabilizer either, so his little experiment doesn’t really apply to the other things SeaFoam does.