Scut with mid mount mower

/ Scut with mid mount mower #31  
I agree on all but one point, if you do not care about the yard a rotary cutter or flail on the back does the job and is much less of an issue to deal with. otherwise i agree with your points. and as to the maintenance, a ZTR has a lot less to maintain for just cutting the grass.
That's another positive with those mmm scut decks btw, they're powerful as hell and will chew through everything, or at least the Massey's is. The only time I use that bad boy now is as a brush hog.

/ Scut with mid mount mower #32  
Been thinking of upgrading my mowing equipment and am considering a subcompact tractor with a mid mount mower. Ideally I would want a side discharge deck that has a mulching kit available. So far the only two options I’ve found are on the John Deere or Kubota. Anyone know of other choices?
I have a Massey GC1715 but there is no mulch kit available as far as I know but this is what I do with leaves in the Fall (from a previous post): "Try backing up over the leaves, seams to shred & drop them more than going forward. Leaves (no pun intended!) a small line of shredded leaves where the blades overlap. This is with the guard off."
Works well enough for me.

/ Scut with mid mount mower #33  
The mulching deck is amazing at chopping leaves. I never rake anymore. I just run over them a few times till they virtually disappear. May be a different story if you have an extremely heavy leaf layer. The downside is that I believe the mulching deck is more prone to clogging in heavy wet grass.