Scut with mid mount mower

/ Scut with mid mount mower
I should have been more specific in my original post. My interest is finding one that has an available mulching kit. I know the Massey has a dedicated mulching deck available but my preference would be a side discharge that is convertible with a mulching kit. I’m currently mowing with an exmark walk behind and a lawn tractor with a 48” deck.Both I switch over to mulching for the fall leaf clean up. I barely use the leaf blower any more. As I stated the only two manufacturers that I’ve found so far with kits are the Kubota and John Deere. Would like to find another option or two. As far as my Kioti I think it’s a little to heavy for my lawn application. I really would prefer a scut over the zero turn as I have other uses for it. Anyone ever just improvise a block for the discharge chute and use mulching blades ?

/ Scut with mid mount mower #12  
Have you considered a small flail mower? That way, you can justify the SCUT/CUT for its other capabilities and get a near mulch finish with every mow. LEONZ over in the FlailNation thread can give you more detail.

/ Scut with mid mount mower
Haven’t considered a flail yet . Was wondering if a 3 point hitch finish mower would be an option

/ Scut with mid mount mower #14  
That would be another option, just not sure that'll mulch, or what the power at pto need is vs a small flail. Both flail and finish mower would be rear discharge.

/ Scut with mid mount mower #15  
Haven’t considered a flail yet . Was wondering if a 3 point hitch finish mower would be an option

Oh absolutely; a finish will give a better cut than a flail, but the flail can fit into tighter sports.

I was thinking you might want to consider one, as you'd find yourself constantly removing the deck when using the loader, but it seems you have a Kioti, presumably with a loader? In that case it may be a lot less of an issue for you.

Prior to my Kioti I had a Deere 1025R and it was a lovely little tractor; very enjoyable to mow with, comfortable. My issue was the constant back and forth between configurations, and that was a bit annoying. Again, may not be an issue for you.

I can personally attest to my love for the 1025R, but the BX is a great machine and I don't think you could go wrong with either.

/ Scut with mid mount mower #16  
I should have been more specific in my original post. My interest is finding one that has an available mulching kit. I know the Massey has a dedicated mulching deck available but my preference would be a side discharge that is convertible with a mulching kit. I’m currently mowing with an exmark walk behind and a lawn tractor with a 48” deck.Both I switch over to mulching for the fall leaf clean up. I barely use the leaf blower any more. As I stated the only two manufacturers that I’ve found so far with kits are the Kubota and John Deere. Would like to find another option or two. As far as my Kioti I think it’s a little to heavy for my lawn application. I really would prefer a scut over the zero turn as I have other uses for it. Anyone ever just improvise a block for the discharge chute and use mulching blades ?
I made a vid that answers some of this, specifically about Massey's MMM 60" deck (the non-mulching one). Maybe this will help you, and I apologize beforehand about my crazy loud geese.

/ Scut with mid mount mower #17  
I have a Mahindra Max with a 60” drive over mmm with a mulching kit. Here’s a link to a thread about it.

/ Scut with mid mount mower #18  
I never did get the mulching kit for mine. I'll use the Max 26xl to mow every now and then just to run the deck some, but I have used the zero turn 90% of the time. It is nice to leave the tractor set up for other chores like loader, backhoe, brush hog, etc. I like mowing with the Max, but it is quicker to use the zero turn and easier to get around in some areas.

/ Scut with mid mount mower #19  
Welcome to the TBN Forum Fred314 - there is a lot of good information and experience here.

I have a Kubota with a pull behind rotary mower (initially wanted a MMM), and then I bought a good used ZTR

/ Scut with mid mount mower #20  
Can you drive a ZT with one hand(no). Can a ZT get on side hills(no)Can a ZT till a garden, dig a post hole. run a box blade,move trailers etc.(no). My 2000 BX with 54" mmm will cut grass as fast as ZT the way I drive it.