Scut with mid mount mower

/ Scut with mid mount mower #1  

Fred314

Tractor
Kioti ck2610
Been thinking of upgrading my mowing equipment and am considering a subcompact tractor with a mid mount mower. Ideally I would want a side discharge deck that has a mulching kit available. So far the only two options I’ve found are on the John Deere or Kubota. Anyone know of other choices?

/ Scut with mid mount mower #2  
Most SCUT manufactures offer a mid-mounted mower for their tractors. Personally, I mow with an older Deere 4100 with a mid-mounted mower and love it. I'd really go sit on whatever local brands tractors you have in your area, part of it is personal preference of the machine, the other part is the relationship you will have with the dealer during and after the sale. Once you find the best of both it'll help solidify the decision on which brand / model you'll likely go for.

/ Scut with mid mount mower #3  
Been thinking of upgrading my mowing equipment and am considering a subcompact tractor with a mid mount mower. Ideally I would want a side discharge deck that has a mulching kit available. So far the only two options I’ve found are on the John Deere or Kubota. Anyone know of other choices?
LS, Branson, Kioti, TYM, Yanmar, Rural King(TYM), Bobcat, New Holland. There are a bunch.... All of these manufacturers have at least one SCUT with a MMM, some actually two models.

Technically, your Kioti CK2610 can now have a 72" MMM. Not sure if the older ones can be retrofitted, but the new ones have the option.

/ Scut with mid mount mower #4  
Massey Ferguson GC. I'm pretty sure they have a mulch kit for their deck?

/ Scut with mid mount mower #5  
SCUT is a very expensive lawn mower if that is what you are getting it for. You seem to already have a tractor. Why not consider a nice ZTR?

/ Scut with mid mount mower #6  
I have a cabelas made by tym, and a 72 inch MM. It cuts ok in low. If I move decently fast in high it leaves a row in middle. I just bought a zero turn to replace mowing with tractor....

/ Scut with mid mount mower #7  
My dealer sells both, but he recommended that that I get a ztr for mowing rather than a belly mower for a tractor.

/ Scut with mid mount mower #8  
LS, Branson, Kioti, TYM, Yanmar, Rural King(TYM), Bobcat, New Holland. There are a bunch.... All of these manufacturers have at least one SCUT with a MMM, some actually two models.

Technically, your Kioti CK2610 can now have a 72" MMM. Not sure if the older ones can be retrofitted, but the new ones have the option.

Whoah now, what is this? I knew Bobcat offered a mid-mount for the CT2025, but when did Kioti start offering one?

That'd be a fun, if over-the-top way to mow a lawn.

/ Scut with mid mount mower #9  
Gotta consider your terrain. I know about the mowing efficiency of the zero turn, but I've also seen them get stuck. I have a New Holland with super steer and a 72" deck. That thing is a mowing machine. At the time of purchase I didn't have the money for several machines and knew I was going to need a tractor. Been great for over 18 years now.

/ Scut with mid mount mower