Ryobi gasoline powered drill/hammerdrill

/ Ryobi gasoline powered drill/hammerdrill #1  

caver

Veteran Member
Tractor
Fisher Price, toddlers first tractor.
So I bought a new unused? Ryobi EH1930. I see them either in completed auctions or there are a couple new/old stock open box units for sale. Mine was listed as such and it looked unused. It did have the old gas stench in the gas tank but no staining or sign of fuel. I have a feeling these were made back in the 90's. Another one that looks identical is called the ER160. The only difference I see is that one has an SDS chuck. Mine has a three jaw chuck. I was going to ask a question about an hour ago but resolved why this thing barely would stay running. It sounded like a fuel starvation issue. Tonight I took the carburetor part to a small extent and it looked like a new carb inside. You can't find replacement carbs for this other than used but you can get a rebuild kit. The diaphragm looked a little wrinkly but don't they all? A couple screws could have been tighter but I tried it again and would only run poorly on throttle lock often dying. I cranked up the idle screw but no help. As a last resort before I ordered a rebuild kit I counted how far in the H and L screws were in. I took them out one by one with a shot of green label Brake Kleen inside. I really didn't think this would help as the tiny screw points looked clean. I went back outside and it started running high idle. YES!!! I turned the idle back down to where it roughly was originally and seems to run fine now. I even put a big wood auger bit in it and drilled a few holes. So why the long post? I could find very little info on these online so maybe people can find this in a search. Maybe the odd chance someone else in here owns one. Ryobi could not find a manual so they said they would emial me one if they had any luck. that was 5 days ago. I did find a parts diagram online albeit a tad fuzzy. The owners manual was not listed but it had a sheet telling ho to initially start it. It looked like it was copied from copies 20 years ago.

/ Ryobi gasoline powered drill/hammerdrill
20220113_144048.jpg

^^^^^Air cleaner removed

20220113_151508 (2).jpg

^^^Information/specs on box that was not online form anything I found
20220116_170355.jpg

^^^^Two simple screws is all it was after checking fuel filter, fuel line, carb

/ Ryobi gasoline powered drill/hammerdrill #3  
What ? a gas powered drill. I take it that this is an impact type for drilling in concrete or stone.

/ Ryobi gasoline powered drill/hammerdrill
Hammer or regular drilling with a flip of a lever