Rotary cutter preference

/ Rotary cutter preference #41  
I have an everything attachments extreme 60 it’s built like a brick crapper and I use and abuse it and it had never let me down. I cut 3-4 inch brush with it

/ Rotary cutter preference #42  
I’ll have to try that
All you need for annual rotary mower maintenance is a few wrenches, a vacuum powered oil evacuator, a laser thermometer and a cordless grease gun . Less than $250 for everything.

/ Rotary cutter preference #43  
All you need for annual rotary mower maintenance is a few wrenches, a vacuum powered oil evacuator, a laser thermometer and a cordless grease gun . Less than $250 for everything.
I’m still not comfortable with the slip clutch adjustment given the bell shield being in the way. Finger tight plus 3/4 turn? Yeah right. Maybe easy if all was clean shiny and new.

Last edited:
   / Rotary cutter preference #44  
Personally, I will never again own a rotary cutter that uses sheer bolts!!

SR

/ Rotary cutter preference
Is there not a drain plug for the oil in the gearbox

/ Rotary cutter preference #46  
Titan Implement (not Titan Attachments)

/ Rotary cutter preference #47  
I have a Swisher Country Cut (44") 14.5HP Kawasaki Tow-Behind Rough Cut Trail Mower that I pull with my ATV. Not sure if it is considered a high end model but it does an admirable job cutting the thick scotch broom along side the railroad track berms Weighs around 450 pounds.

/ Rotary cutter preference #48  
Didn’t know sheer pins were that bad
I think it really depends on your soil. Mine is heavy clay, limestone & lots of rocks. Sheer pins do what they are supposed to do and break before you damage something. Clutches may cost a bit more and they do accomplish the same goal of not allowing something more expensive to break, but in the end (for me anyway), the extra cost is worth it. As I said in the initial post, those pins have a tendency of breaking at the most inopportune time (at least on my property).

Do I push the limit of my implements? Yeah, probably - what do you mean that PHD isn't supposed to use a 24" auger, it fits, doesn't it? 😄😉😁

/ Rotary cutter preference
I think it really depends on your soil. Mine is heavy clay, limestone & lots of rocks. Sheer pins do what they are supposed to do and break before you damage something. Clutches may cost a bit more and they do accomplish the same goal of not allowing something more expensive to break, but in the end (for me anyway), the extra cost is worth it. As I said in the initial post, those pins have a tendency of breaking at the most inopportune time (at least on my property).

Do I push the limit of my implements? Yeah, probably - what do you mean that PHD isn't supposed to use a 24" auger, it fits, doesn't it? 😄😉😁
Haha