Snow Attachments rear blade or box blade

/ rear blade or box blade #11  
Howdy neighbor...I'm just a little south, and east of you! I have a plow on my truck, but for smaller snowfalls, and the rough ground around my barn, I just got an EA XTreme 8' blade....609lbs, and seems to do a nice job. I really need to get one of Brian's hydraulic top links for my Massey!

29BFE4E4-FD3D-45CA-AE07-332853AF4EA2_zpsh0dgzmdy.jpg

/ rear blade or box blade #12  
Howdy neighbor...I'm just a little south, and east of you! I have a plow on my truck, but for smaller snowfalls, and the rough ground around my barn, I just got an EA XTreme 8' blade....609lbs, and seems to do a nice job. I really need to get one of Brian's hydraulic top links for my Massey!

Nice set up!

/ rear blade or box blade
like i said i have a front blade for primary removal so the blade is for getting close to garage, barn and cars. my plow has no down pressure so back blading doesnt work well as my blade only weighs a couple hundred pounds. thanks for the insight so far.

/ rear blade or box blade #14  
I have a front snow blade on order; so I think that will work better than my bucket. (currently use my bucket and Box Blade) Both are not optimal for snow removal. OP if you get a rear blade for snow removal, it would be good to get one that has a 12" off-set as well as angle. My long driveway lane has some areas where it drops off 2-3 feet. when covered in snow/ice, I don't like to get too close to the edge with my FEL. I think the back blade off-set to the side will allow me to reach the very edge of the lane as I push snow with the front blade. should have the front blade installed in about a week...I hope it snows!

/ rear blade or box blade #15  
Getting in to the party a bit late here. For what you describe as needing, my vote goes for the blade. I contemplated both and went with the blade. It is plenty heavy and is excellent for snow removal up to about 6 inches or so. Then it tends to act like a rudder which can be kinda exciting going down the driveway. For the heavy snowfalls I use the 3 point snow blower. I find that the blade works best reversed as I have a long gravel driveway. I also agree that you should be able to find one on CL. I recently picked up a 5 footer for my Dad as a gift. The guy selling it had it sitting around and let it go for $100. Good luck.

/ rear blade or box blade #16  
My box blade works perfect for me. I use the front mount blower and box blade at the same time. The sides on the box blade keep the snow from spilling over and it cleans up what ever the blower doesn't scrape up. With my hydraulic top link I can scrape in both directions saving time.

/ rear blade or box blade #17  
Ive got to say I like the box for cleaning up around things better, you can pull out into the open then move it to where you want it with your pusher. I haven't used my rear blade since buying the box.

/ rear blade or box blade #18  
The problem I had when I used my box a couple years ago is that once it fills with snow, it spills out. You really can't move a lot of snow for any distance with a box, which rules out using it on a long driveway. That's why I switched to a rear blade. With it angled, the snow just gets pushed to the edge of the driveway and it's not being moved and spilled behind the tractor.

/ rear blade or box blade
well i went with a blade. supposed to get 4 or so inches tomorrow so i will keep you posted. my only thing so far is i will be adding weight to the blade to get a little more counterweight when i use the forks. thanks again for the input!

/ rear blade or box blade #20  
well i went with a blade. supposed to get 4 or so inches tomorrow so i will keep you posted. my only thing so far is i will be adding weight to the blade to get a little more counterweight when i use the forks. thanks again for the input!

Have fun with it. Is the area you will be blowing gravel or paved?