Re-blow with pull behind snowblower.

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #11  
I blow to the rear sometimes when it will go far enough clear but I never blow and re-blow- you could do that but it seems awkward. I often recycle which is when you blow in-between tractor and blower - if the building is short and the snow not too deep that could work

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #12  
OP, I also upgraded my snow moving equipment this year with a pull-type blower and SSQA snow pusher. I had previously been using a SSQA blade. My clearing needs sound similar to yours, I have a long driveway plus outbuilding yards with alleys between buildings.

For your scenario, I think you could plan on clearing the first 20-30 ft. of your alleys with a pull-type by blowing the snow straight backwards as your drive, but beyond that I think your best bet would be to push the snow out of the alleys, then either stack it with your blade or pusher (depending on your scenario), or blow it away from there.

For pushing the snow out of the alleys, I would recommend a snow pusher over a blade based on my personal experience. As I mentioned above, I've been using a SSQA blade for years, and now that I've started using a snow pusher there's no going back for me. It's much more efficient.

As for the blower, pull-type is the way to go.

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower.
OP, I also upgraded my snow moving equipment this year with a pull-type blower and SSQA snow pusher. I had previously been using a SSQA blade. My clearing needs sound similar to yours, I have a long driveway plus outbuilding yards with alleys between buildings.

For your scenario, I think you could plan on clearing the first 20-30 ft. of your alleys with a pull-type by blowing the snow straight backwards as your drive, but beyond that I think your best bet would be to push the snow out of the alleys, then either stack it with your blade or pusher (depending on your scenario), or blow it away from there.

For pushing the snow out of the alleys, I would recommend a snow pusher over a blade based on my personal experience. As I mentioned above, I've been using a SSQA blade for years, and now that I've started using a snow pusher there's no going back for me. It's much more efficient.

As for the blower, pull-type is the way to go.
Snow pusher eh. I was wanting a hydraulic angle front blade for moving snow off to the side. Snow pusher is straight forward only, at least the ones I have seen online. Thats why I haven’t considered one. I had been dealing with the snow on my B26 with the FEL and a rear manually angled blade. I’m kinda use to that moving to the side idea. But I will consider the pusher. Thanks.

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #14  
Did you look at the youtube video links I uploaded showing how
the Pronovost PXPL-86 snow blower worked in both directions??

Does your mule have a Mid-Point Power Take Off? If it does,
you could mount the PXPL-86 up front and do all your snow
removal with no need for a snowplow.

If it does not, you can add an Erskine rear PTO to front PTO drive
shaft kit to use a Pronovost PXPL-86 snow blower

Attachments

• pxpl86.pdf
    5.9 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
   / Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #15  
If you can push the snow off to the side (which is what you've been doing?) can you not just eject the snow from the blower chute to the same side? Without knowing your lot layout, I'm not sure what options you have. My rear facing blower has no problem throwing snow angled back towards the front, but just off to the side to miss the cab (and glass).

For pushing snow on long straight sections I think a snow pusher box would be much more efficient than an angled blade. You're driving the snow in front of you as you go with a pusher box. An angled blade can only push a minimal amount of snow and it always sloughs it off to the side. I'm looking at pusher boxes myself for next year, and I think I'm going that route, but I also want the backdragging ability to get snow away from my garage doors.

I second the idea that you don't want to put your snow on your neighbor's property. Bad form. Plus, at least around here, it's also illegal to do so. Lots of people here end up having to haul snow away during the winter as they run out of places to stack it. I'm fortunate where I'm at now that my front yard is big and wide open, and lots of room to throw snow on it.

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #16  
There's always a v-plow- which I personally would love

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #17  
Snow pusher eh. I was wanting a hydraulic angle front blade for moving snow off to the side. Snow pusher is straight forward only, at least the ones I have seen online. Thats why I haven’t considered one. I had been dealing with the snow on my B26 with the FEL and a rear manually angled blade. I’m kinda use to that moving to the side idea. But I will consider the pusher. Thanks.
Not cheap, but a HLA SnowWing will let you push like a box or a plow: HLA Snow | 3230W SnowWing
3230W.png

Aaron

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #18  
The Blizzard adjustable plow would be a nice one also able to scoop or angle and wing.
1678331609384.png

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #19  
My plow has manual wings.

Attachments

• plow 1.jpg
    plow 1.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 233
  • _MG_5489.jpg
    _MG_5489.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 239

Attachments

• plow 1.jpg
    plow 1.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 233
  • _MG_5489.jpg
    _MG_5489.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 239

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #20  
I have a PXPL-80 for almost four winters now. It works great and I love the versatility but it is not an inverted blower. it works like an inverted blower but only for short distances (less than 50 feet) . it doesn't take much snow to eventually stop my 4760 with studded loaded R4 rears on flat asphalt driveway.

but it works great for pulling snow away from the garage and it is great for scraping down to the asphalt when the wet snow packs down, really reduces ice build up in the spring.

If I had to do it again I would probably use the extra the pxpl costs to fund a ssqa scraper box for the FEL.