Re-blow with pull behind snowblower.

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #1  

okanoganjim

Tractor
Kubota B26, Kubota L5460HSTC
After a winter for the record books which isn‘t over yet, I am beefing up my snow fighting equipment. Primarily I am concerned about removing snow at my mini-storage facility. This means clearing the entrance road, parking area and between rows of buildings. I have 5 acres here to deal with as well as my home which has a longish driveway. I am planning to purchase a front hydraulic SSQA mounted blade and a rear snow blower for my new Kubota L5460 hatch. I am thinking in some of my rows between buildings, I could blow the snow directly behind me, then re-blow it over the fence to the vacant lot. I know this can be done with the backward facing 3pt blower, but can you also accomplish the same thing with a pull behind blower? Has anyone tried that?

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #3  
After a winter for the record books which isn‘t over yet, I am beefing up my snow fighting equipment. Primarily I am concerned about removing snow at my mini-storage facility. This means clearing the entrance road, parking area and between rows of buildings. I have 5 acres here to deal with as well as my home which has a longish driveway. I am planning to purchase a front hydraulic SSQA mounted blade and a rear snow blower for my new Kubota L5460 hatch. I am thinking in some of my rows between buildings, I could blow the snow directly behind me, then re-blow it over the fence to the vacant lot. I know this can be done with the backward facing 3pt blower, but can you also accomplish the same thing with a pull behind blower? Has anyone tried that?

If you hit something with your ssqa blade like a pile of frozen ice and snow it
will damage your loader arms and that is something you cannot repair.

Your better off buying a small Degelman snow blade for your new tractor as
it can be hydraulically operated for left and right movement and lifting it.
You may be able to use thier quick attach kits for it as well.

Using a pull type blower would not work well and it would require a great deal
of manuevering and backing to do it even with a plow as you would be going
over it and packing it down while trying to blow it.

Buy a good rear mounted Canadian snow blower like a Pronovost PXPL-86 to do
all your snow removal and order it with the wheel kit so you can prevent it digging
into loose stone or grass.

The hydraulic scraper also removes any snow missed by the snow blowers cutting
edge by placing down pressure on the scraping blade while you are driving forward.

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #4  
I am a little confused on your question of blowing snow behind you while driving forward. Are asking about blowing over the top of your tractor in front of you until you get to the end of a row?

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower.
No, I’m thinking about the opposite. Driving forward with a pull type blower behind me blowing the snow 20 or 30 feet directly back, over the row I just cut. Then pickup the blower, backup and repeat until the snow is launched over the fence at the end of the row. This would probably work better with a typical rear facing blower, but then I am stuck backing up 100% of the time. Every configuration is a compromise in one way or another. Trying the find the best one for my situation. Thanks for the response.

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #6  
I dont see how a pull behind could do that….but my other concern is blowing it onto someone elses property. What if they decide to build in the near future or complain about you moving your snow there. You should devise a plan on storing snow on own property.
it does suck. I run out of places to put snow every year.

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #7  
I have blown snow right past my cab, landing it just ahead and to the left of me.
Not really something I would recommend as any foreign material is going by in close proximity of you or your cab.
If I was wanting to snow a distance I'd use a rear mount rear facing unit and just keep blowing and moving it.
Or a front mount and just keep moving it forward.

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #8  
No, I’m thinking about the opposite. Driving forward with a pull type blower behind me blowing the snow 20 or 30 feet directly back, over the row I just cut. Then pickup the blower, backup and repeat until the snow is launched over the fence at the end of the row. This would probably work better with a typical rear facing blower, but then I am stuck backing up 100% of the time. Every configuration is a compromise in one way or another. Trying the find the best one for my situation. Thanks for the response.
I do it every storm. I also can dump the snow from the chute down between the machine and blower working it out of a pocket.

It’s all about the horsepower.

Some days I will blow everything away from my garage onto the driveway then send it when I work my way to the front yard. Today I just ran the bucket in the area to build a large windrow then sent it deep into the yard.

/ Re-blow with pull behind snowblower. #10  
time wise I believe rear face would be the winner since you blow a complete path, raise blower, drive to starting point and blow second path Vs back and forth 100's of times.