Rayco C140 issue

/ Rayco C140 issue #31  
OK fellers, you have put the mockers on me today. My 140 has been playing up like a secondhand brush cutter with all the same problems as you guys have and more. I looked in the window on the Rayco ECU and it's got heaps of moisture in it. Changed the ECU and bugger me all the problems bar one have gone, now I have just got to get it to start. :confused2:

You mean the gray computer next to the battery? Why do you have a spare?

/ Rayco C140 issue #32  
You mean the gray computer next to the battery? Why do you have a spare?
Yep the gray computer. I have 2 spare, one unused. When the machine was new I had what the then dealer said where computer issues so the gray computer was changed several times. The tractor went ok for a year or so then the same problem came back so I got a new computer. While waiting for that to arrive a JD service tech called in and he went over the machine. It was not a computer problem but a poor connection in the CBus wires, repaired it and the machine has gone fine for about 3000hrs until yesterday.

/ Rayco C140 issue #35  
hello all

i need help . i have a rayco c140 and it does not want to start and if we bypass it to start its refs does not want to go up . any ideas what i can do ?

/ Rayco C140 issue #36  
Ok, run a slave wire off the start switch ( start wire) to the solinoid between the battery and grey PCU. You also may need to use a relay. Another thing to check is the wiring harness that connects all the saftey lockouts including the switches.
The second suggestion is most likley.

/ Rayco C140 issue #37  
Ok, run a slave wire off the start switch ( start wire) to the solinoid between the battery and grey PCU. You also may need to use a relay. Another thing to check is the wiring harness that connects all the saftey lockouts including the switches.
The second suggestion is most likley.

we first looked at the safety switches and found everything was working. it does start if we use a slave wire but then the refs
does not want to go up

Last edited:
   / Rayco C140 issue #38  
Where can i find a diagram or layout of the c140 harness and wiring ?

/ Rayco C140 issue #39  
If it's still got the Eaton cutter pump, check the plug on the top of the pump. Every now and then mine plays up like yours and it's got a broken wire in the cutout curcuit but the wires change colours so often it's imposable to find. All I do is jiggle the harness until it starts then tie it into a position until next time, Been like it for years. A wiring diagram is not much help as it is very inaccrute and doesn't show all the wiring.