Rayco C140 issue

/ Rayco C140 issue #1  

ALittleDirtWontHurt

Bronze Member
Tractor
Gyrotrac GT-25, Terex PT110 Forestry, New Holland TC33, Kubota KX080, Terex PT30, Rayco C140, Polaris ATP 500
my rayco currently won't start and it continually displays the 'seatbelt' light on the panel. i've tried bypassing each of the three safety switches (lap bar, seat pressure switch, and seatbelt). i've disconnected my main wiring harness connectors and inspected for any possible bad connections. previously it also gave me this problem intermittently while running. it would just turn off flow to the head and then the light would go out and i could then resume. there is also a possible related issue of the drum turning very slowly even when disengaged. i disconnected the cable at the pump and let the arm 'zero' itself, but there still seems to be a little bit of hydraulic fluid getting sent to the head.

i just picked this machine up and expected to do some work on it, as there are some other small issues, but this one has me stumped. any ideas??

/ Rayco C140 issue #2  
Each of wires for the seatbelt, seat pressure switch and lap bar have to connected. Just a short wire from one side of the plug to the other is suffice. If it still has the Eaton cutter pump there is also a pressure switch in the same circuit on the top of the pump. Now the rotor turning on it's own can be fixed by adjusting the cable outer where it sits in the bracket in front of exhaust. You have to be careful not to over adjust or the pump will got into reverse and backflush the filter. Don't have the engine to hot or you get sizzling skin.:)

/ Rayco C140 issue
I've tried the jumper wires on the ones in the cab. Only my seat pressure switch has a plug so I just used a splice connector on the others. I can't remember if it's an Eaton, but it does have a two wire plug coming off towards the top. Would a jumper wire work on that one to test?

/ Rayco C140 issue
Thanks for the help! Closed out 2014 working on a machine, opening 2015 working on a machine. This is the business we chose. I'll keep you posted.

/ Rayco C140 issue #6  
All the pressure switches are in the same circuit and while the light is on the engine won't start. Also if the light comes on while operating then it will cut all the hydraulics. The wires without plugs need to be cut and joined together.

/ Rayco C140 issue #8  
Did you wash that machine or could water have gotten into the connectors? We had a similar problem with a Bobcat years ago. Whenever it would rain, we would get a fault and on another machine the moisture caused the bics harness to malfunction meaning you couldn't move the machine. After we found it, we dried them out and sealed them up better.

/ Rayco C140 issue
yellowdog, i considered the possibility of water getting in somewhere but so far haven't been able to find any evidence of it. have yet to rule it out though.

tony, i tried putting a jumper on that plug going into the top of the hydro pump...so far no luck.

i have noticed a pattern now. for the last three days I can get it to start and function normally in the morning, but after running maybe an hour so, it'll start intermittently and then finally to the point that it won't work at all....the seatbelt light at that point just stays lit and machine won't start. at the end of the day i'll go back to the machine once it's completely cold and the seatbelt light is off and it will start.

/ Rayco C140 issue #10  
Sounds like at least one of the pressure switches is faulty. They need a current through them to make the light go out. Have you disconnected all the wires off the switches at the same time, jumped them and worked the machine? I have a electrical systematic I can email you if required.