Quick Hitch Questions

/ Quick Hitch Questions #51  
No sir, if I understand. The bottom hanger is made for the weights to hang on it extending back toward the tractor. The top hanger is in the way if you try to turn the bottom weights around. On the top hanger, the top weights don't seat all the way down if installed facing back toward the tractor. They rest too much on the bottom weights that way.

Heavy Hitch wt = 63 lbs, and with the four inside weights I have added 227 lbs to the rear. I figure that is a good weight to keep on there and for stuff like scoops of light mulch. If I put a full top rack of the 41 lb weights on too, the total Heavy Hitch weight is 555 lbs. As I have loaded rear tires, I think I am ready for heavy loader, fork, or grapple use.
I think your close to being good weight wise. I have about 650lbs I hang on the Quick Attach. It's a bit dicey when lifting really heavy loads but ok for 90% of the work I do. I have no fluid in my tires but my weight is further back than yours. I had 1050 lbs on the back at one point but took 400 lbs off as the front end loader wouldn't dig well at all.

/ Quick Hitch Questions #52  
I think your close to being good weight wise. I have about 650lbs I hang on the Quick Attach. It's a bit dicey when lifting really heavy loads but ok for 90% of the work I do. I have no fluid in my tires but my weight is further back than yours. I had 1050 lbs on the back at one point but took 400 lbs off as the front end loader wouldn't dig well at all.
Yes, and when I get a quick hitch that'll add an additional 70 or so pounds. I have a 400 lb + box blade that sits farther back that I can use. I prefer the closeness of the Heavy Hitch though even so.

/ Quick Hitch Questions #53  
While weight further back from the tractor provides more fulcrum effect with the counter balance process, never overlook the traction benefits from adding weight at the tires (2 sources-wheel weights and loading tires).

/ Quick Hitch Questions #54  
While weight further back from the tractor provides more fulcrum effect with the counter balance process, never overlook the traction benefits from adding weight at the tires (2 sources-wheel weights and loading tires).
Unless your like me and don't lke wheel weights of any sort on a small tractor. I can have a light tractor or a heavy one in very little time. It's my choice. As soon as I add wheel weight's the option of changing the weight of the tractor quickly is gone.

/ Quick Hitch Questions #55  
I am in severe hill country and opted for permanent rear tire fill. Having the option makes sense. But with no level ground, I go loaded!

/ Quick Hitch Questions #57  
So another newbie question.

Once my Heavy Hitch arrives in about 10 days, or my homemade temp weights for this weekend's dirt project, do you run the 3pt all the way up or in the middle or as low as possible? It would seem lower would be better for center of gravity as long as I'm not dragging anything. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Side note: today's project was working the 11 tree stumps that were ground in the front yard leaving mounds and holes, with 15 more to go in the side and back yard. Previous owners cut down way too many trees and left stumps.

/ Quick Hitch Questions #58  
Lower is better keeps CG of tractor lower and less prone to tipping.... Only problem I have encountered is if mine is to low it drags (yes it creeps down) so I use "check chains" to keep it at desired height and I don't have to be concerned that it goes "too low" while I concentrate on what ever work I am doing....

Dale

/ Quick Hitch Questions #59  
I keep my Heavy Hitch about midway. The other day I accidentally lowered it and actually bumped off a weight on the ground.

/ Quick Hitch Questions #60  
I have Land Pride QH15. My dad has a Worksaver model (I don't remember the number of it).

View attachment 681802

The Woods Quick Hitch I just bought looks identical to the Worksaver to me. I wonder if Woods just rebrands Worksaver? I bought at a Massey-Woods dealer. Worksavers appear to be $50 to $100 cheaper than Woods online, but that doesn't include shipping. Mine was $400 and came with a top link adapter for older implements/need for floating hitch and also a set of bushings.

Attachments

• IMG_3382.jpg
    IMG_3382.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 53