Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #41  
I also had issues obtaining Mahindra parts. Took three months to receive a simple rear remote kit. I could have walked into a Kubota dealer and had parts in hand or within 10 days at the most. One has to understand the logistics chain to understand there are multiple break points. Covid is only one piece of the equation - there are several others at play. I was told Mahindra had outsourced their US part distribution channel and was in the process of bringing it back in house. Seems their outsourcing partner did a very poor job thus the change.
Last time I had paid for a part at my dealer, and drove into Houston to pick it up, the shipping department was right there in front of me but was being ran by an outside vendor. I waited and waited while these slow pokes worked my part through their system. Very frustrating.
Back when Mahindra did it all, the part was there waiting for me to pick up.
hugs, Brandi

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #42  
arrow, play nice huh?
I doubt anyone's writing a tractor book on here?

My larger question is this: if I buy a Mahindra tractor to replace my Kioti, are there certain models I should avoid based on parts issues?
The 3616, 1538, 1640 and a few others are in my size of interest. 4550 is about as big as I'll go.
A good rule of thumb is to buy more tractor than you need. Worst rule of thumb is buying too little a tractor than you need. These are the ones that get tore up.

I am not up on all the models you mentioned, but research and seat sitting is always good. Get to know your local dealers parts and service managers. These are the guys that can help in your research. From time to time, when they help save me time and $$$, I bring them Kolaches and donuts. If they let you, get to know the mechanics too.
hugs, Brandi

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #43  
I'm now looking @ Mahindra 3540 as one choice that gets me more FEL and a couple of Kioti's too. There are no "local anything" here, after all it's not Texas...:LOL:

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #44  
I'm now looking @ Mahindra 3540 as one choice that gets me more FEL and a couple of Kioti's too. There are no "local anything" here, after all it's not Texas...:LOL:
That sucks. It sure ain't Texas.
hugs, Brandi

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #45  
The JIT mantra has come home to bite the consumer.
Just in time has bit everyone...consumer industry it matters not. Expect to see parts stocking rates and warehousing change in the year ahead. The 1% are losing money.....they will see that that situation changes asap

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #46  
Typically at my work place the JIT program turns into JRO...just ran out.
You are forgetting the oft repeated..... "we expect the delivery to show up anytime"

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #47  
Just in time has bit everyone...consumer industry it matters not. Expect to see parts stocking rates and warehousing change in the year ahead. The 1% are losing money.....they will see that that situation changes asap
Now why was the reference to the people at the top of the food chain losing money and my expectation that they will see a change in warehousing stocking rates change asap moderated?

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #48  
My larger question is this: if I buy a Mahindra tractor to replace my Kioti, are there certain models I should avoid based on parts issues?
The 3616, 1538, 1640 and a few others are in my size of interest. 4550 is about as big as I'll go.
Based on what I've seen here on this board, you rarely find any major issues with the 2538/2638 models. I've had one for 5 years, 1500 hours and never a drive train problem. They also make the same series in 40hp & 45hp models if you need a few more ponies.

Only issues I've had to date was updating the ECU program (about 3+ yrs ago) and replacing a hydraulic seal on the FEL. Regular maintenance is the key to keeping your vehicles in good working order.

I work the tractor pretty hard, and it always performs great. Just my experience on this model.

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #49  
Mahindra in general developed a reputation for poor NA aftersales support within the industry well before COVID. They are not a bad product but if you can't get parts or service it becomes a huge inconvenience.

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #50  
Based on what I've seen here on this board, you rarely find any major issues with the 2538/2638 models. I've had one for 5 years, 1500 hours and never a drive train problem. They also make the same series in 40hp & 45hp models if you need a few more ponies.

Only issues I've had to date was updating the ECU program (about 3+ yrs ago) and replacing a hydraulic seal on the FEL. Regular maintenance is the key to keeping your vehicles in good working order.

I work the tractor pretty hard, and it always performs great. Just my experience on this model.
The 15-16 series and Max are very good as well. They’re essentially the old 90sCub Cadets and Case-IH Mitsubishi tractors with updates.