Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #31  
Picked it up today. The O ring was inside two steel machined outer shells. They actually got the part from Kioti. Hope to mow with it tomorrow as grass waterways are to be installed there.

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #32  
Big companies stopped keeping inventory years ago. It ties up money. The bean counter hated it because they have to pay taxes on what is there at year's end. So, they pushed their supplier to keep the supply chain moving and eventually eliminated warehouses and warehouse employees.

So, this isn't Mahindra. Name a big company and they all do it too. HOWEVER, Mahindra is the largest tractor manufacturer so they should have some pull with their suppliers being the biggest customer. I hope that as things get sorted out, Mahindra owners will get good news sooner rather than later.

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #33  
Big companies stopped keeping inventory years ago. It ties up money. The bean counter hated it because they have to pay taxes on what is there at year's end. So, they pushed their supplier to keep the supply chain moving and eventually eliminated warehouses and warehouse employees.

So, this isn't Mahindra. Name a big company and they all do it too. HOWEVER, Mahindra is the largest tractor manufacturer so they should have some pull with their suppliers being the biggest customer. I hope that as things get sorted out, Mahindra owners will get good news sooner rather than later.
Mahindra is .... "the largest tractor manufacturer"?
That is only true if you count the millions of tiny two wheel handlebar "tractors" they sell throughout Asia.

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #34  
I just did a google search and thats quite some discussion as to who is biggest. Indian built Graveley's:D?

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #35  
Probably true but that is their claim. Point being, if they make a lot of things, their suppliers should respond to a bigger client. And while that is my experience doesn't make true in today's climate. Just my opinion.

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #36  
Mahindra is .... "the largest tractor manufacturer"?
That is only true if you count the millions of tiny two wheel handlebar "tractors" they sell throughout Asia.
Another gem from the resident know it all.
Mahindra is in 100 countries and not just "Asia". JD is in 30.
They have a thousand distributors in the United States alone.
But hey, you seem to enjoy your fingers leading your mouth.
Your brain doesn't seem to be involved much.

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #37  
arrow, play nice huh?
I doubt anyone's writing a tractor book on here?

My larger question is this: if I buy a Mahindra tractor to replace my Kioti, are there certain models I should avoid based on parts issues?
The 3616, 1538, 1640 and a few others are in my size of interest. 4550 is about as big as I'll go.

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #38  
I have the 4510 but unsure if it was just my tractor or other models.

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #39  
arrow, play nice huh?
I doubt anyone's writing a tractor book on here?

My larger question is this: if I buy a Mahindra tractor to replace my Kioti, are there certain models I should avoid based on parts issues?
The 3616, 1538, 1640 and a few others are in my size of interest. 4550 is about as big as I'll go.
I play nice KKid for the most part. What gets to me is when ppl print bshite. This "gentleman" in question seems to get off on divisiveness and if none exists in a post, he'll create it. He has a penchant for it.
We don't need that here more than my provocative posts to call someone like that out. Erroneous info is not a problem for him to create. Ppl want help here and not what he offers.

As far as the tractor question: it doesn't matter which tractor you're specking for yourself. Whether it comes from India, S. Korea or Japan. Paperwork and docs is all centralized and goes thru India Corporate anyway even though parts may be constructed by Mitsubishi or Tym. Many parts however made by Tym and Mitsu, are a direct replacement to Mahindra parts since it is those two building a line for Mahindra. There are no Mitsu tractor dealers here in the states as far as I know. Main parts distribution ctr. for Mahindra is in Houston Tx.
Your fastest acquisition would be to go to your local dealer and ask what he has on order. Your wait could range from a couple weeks to 6 or 8 weeks.

You anywhere near Paris? Bil has a quarantine farm there that I'm going to in the fall.
Once you center on your needs, I can assist in acquiring the proper size tractor if you wish. The 4550 is a beast compared to the others you mention. Old time, no frills construction based on the old "International" tractors.

Last edited:
   / Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #40  
Good post above. I'm not far from Paris- but in another sort of place as the bluegrass/Paris is horse country, LaLa land while I'm down in Appalachia.
At age 77 I know how and (mostly) what to look for in a tractor. Dead tractors waiting for repair parts seems to have become a theme during covid.

Mahindra is a tough brand to size up model wise given the plethora of models that are similar in engine yet often large overall frame & weight variances.

Do Mahindra dealers even have new tractors? FB Marketplace has a bunch of Mahindra & Branson new ads from a few dealers-> but do they have them on their lots?

I drove past one of two nearby ag dealers yesterday and they had a few balers and zero other stuff. Many dealers now are closed on Saturday due a lack of merchandise. Car dealers have mostly empty lots other than auction cars they bring in and a very few new vehicles.

I'm very much in the used market tractor wise and what you tend to see beyond lots of older stuff-large & small at the end of their legs, are a few newish sold higher than once sold at a dealer discounted price point and that rare good hours and condition machine. Prices are not encouraging as often well beyond just a few years back. I watched several same Kiotis as mine model wise sell for nearly what they were new 5-10 years later with not such good hours.
In a normal time I could search out a deal, buy & use it then sell the one I liked the least-maybe at a profit. Try that now. There's a last year Kioti with hardly any hours for sale at what would have been a cash sale discounted price bought new directly from the lot last year. I save the sales tax and a couple thousand but I'm more inclined toward one ~ 2-5 yrs old, few hours and larger savings which is not out there lately. Not a great time for tightwads to shop? :D