Pocket Gopher Control

/ Pocket Gopher Control #101  
My last go around with a pocket gopher ended with the use of a Macabee Snap Trap. Got him the very first try with that trap. This was after multiple attempts with the smoke bombs. Also was an area with no safe direction to shoot, which is how others have been dispatched. That trap worked great.
Yes sir, you’ve got to get them in the tunnel just right but if they set it off you’ve got about a 95% chance go catching the gopher and I never took a live one off that trap.Killed them all real clean.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #102  

If you look down a mole hole, what do you see?​

Molasses.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #103  
Caught 2 pesky guys this week with only a garden hose…

/ Pocket Gopher Control #104  
Caught 2 pesky guys this week with only a garden hose…

Only once has that technique worked for me. All the other times I'd stick the hose down in the tunnel and turn on the water and wait and wait and wait. Not only did no gopher come up, I have no idea where the water was going because it was NOT flooding the tunnel.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #105  
It works best when new activity in a new location.

Limited my galleries have been established.

Back when we had dogs, gophers never an issue.

The Siberian Husky was a true hunter… no matter how long the wait “Wolf” always got the gopher.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #106  
Bait works best for me but hard to find….

Traps work but more work

Also have the concussion trap that used a blank… so here a little pop when activated…

I caught a few with water one day but the kids set the two free…

Of course the dogs would take care but the mounds are worse.

An old time mechanic told me exhaust is to clean to be effective now so my Model A Ford might work?
Anything without emission controls like a cat. will work. my 87 jeep de-catted works fine taking care of critters in a have a heart, but my 04 stock Dodge had no effect.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #107  
I’ve lived at our current place for 19 years and never had gophers until last year. All of a sudden we were overrun with gophers. I trapped several last fall but could never get ahead. A few weeks ago, I gave up and called the gopher guys, a commercial trapping service. They showed up and set over 50 traps. Over the past 3 weeks, they caught 14. The activity has stopped (for now). They will return for the next 30 days if anymore activity is detected. It was worth the cost to me. I’m considering signing up for their maintenance plan where they return every other month to search and destroy. Their strategy is simple: they set a trap at every active mound and check them weekly. They have several hundred traps at their disposal, so it’s a numbers game.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #108  
Gopher Hawk.
1712527685364.png