Phone mount/holder?

/ Phone mount/holder? #11  
I use a Yeti style vacuum cup with a lid and stainless straw. (Walmart brand, I don't always overspend like dictcg pointed out );). I don't do any mowing but a lot of wood harvesting and snow plowing, But when you have been looking for something for a while and find it, I tend to jump on it before I forget where I saw it. :)

/ Phone mount/holder? #12  
I use a Weathertech cup holder in my truck. As of yet - I've never taken the cell phone out with me on the tractor. If I ever do - just use the Weathertech cup holder out of the truck. OR just put the darn thing in a jacket pocket. My entire life, so far, does not revolve around my cell phone.

/ Phone mount/holder? #13  
I use a Weathertech cup holder in my truck. As of yet - I've never taken the cell phone out with me on the tractor. If I ever do - just use the Weathertech cup holder out of the truck. OR just put the darn thing in a jacket pocket. My entire life, so far, does not revolve around my cell phone.
A cell phone is good safety feature to have with you if you get hurt out there.

/ Phone mount/holder? #14  
I agree with that but at the same time, in your pocket or under the sun visor (turned off) is just as good. I know when I'm tractoring, the LAST thing I want is to answer a cell phone (not that I could here it ring anyway...lol)

/ Phone mount/holder? #15  
Yes - jyoutz - I know you are correct. And I'm pretty sure that there would be a response by "somebody". Hopefully - before the coyotes found me. Cell phone service is REALLY spotty out here. "They" tell me that the Emergency tab on the cell phone will ALWAYS get through. Hope I never have to find out............

/ Phone mount/holder? #16  
You could always invest in a SAT phone which work anywhere, unlike a cell phone, but unlike a cell phone, you pay by the fractional minute for air time and the phones aren't cheap either. I have one but only use it for emergencies as it's not a cheap date. Not for yacking or texting your buddies, it for important stuff.

/ Phone mount/holder? #17  
5030 - I have seriously considered a SAT phone. Mainly because my cell phone usage is so low. Last five years of cell phone usage - average 6 to 8 minuets per month. AND my cell phone is ALWAYS off - unless I'm using it. My ATT cell phone bill is $650 per year. It all sounds rather inviting - it's just that I'm hesitant about moving so far forward in technology.

/ Phone mount/holder? #18  
I use this cheap, simple cell phone mount on my tractors.

I took the belt holder that came with my Otterbox case and removed the belt clip:

P1090590b.jpg

I glued two magnets to the back:

P1090588b.jpg

Then snap the phone into the belt holder and place it on any metal surface on the tractors:

P1090596b.jpg

Cost $3 for the magnets and about 10 minutes of my time.

/ Phone mount/holder? #19  
I’ve taken a different approach and wear a chest harness from Hill People gear. It’s about 6” x 9” and has several zippered pockets. One for my phone, one for emergency med gear and one for a gun. Everything is easy to reach and it’s always with me, whether on or off the tractor.
I’m in the woods by myself a lot and like having this all on my person.

/ Phone mount/holder? #20  
My RK 37 conveniently has a cup and phone holder with a charging port, on the right fender. But, I am always looking for a better phone holder for the truck. I use a cheap air vent model, but they only last a few months at five bucks a pop.