Owner Reviews on LX Series

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #11  
I don't know what you guys are doing to complain about lack of power. I started out with an 18.5 hp JD and had it for 9 years. Plenty of power for bush hogging/mowing and wood chipping.

Do you like to operate always below 1500 rpm?
I'm wondering how big a load the climate control is putting on the engine...I think in a car it's 2-3HP mathematically. BX23 is 1,570#, LX2610 is 1,786 so that cab also adds about ~13% to the base tractor weight. Adds up quick when you're applying the load to a small engine.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #12  
One video on the LX2610 was done by a guy who had owned a B2601 previously. He mentioned that the LX's treadle pedal was a bit jerky vs. his B2601's being butter smooth.

That's why I want to try them out, with loaders. Looking at a B2301 or LX2601. So far, 3 dealers have the tractors but no loaders.
It LX2610 not LX2601. Only mention as there is a B2601 so dont want to confuse anyone.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #13  
I don't know what you guys are doing to complain about lack of power. I started out with an 18.5 hp JD and had it for 9 years. Plenty of power for bush hogging/mowing and wood chipping.

Do you like to operate always below 1500 rpm?
Everything is relative. You are happy because you took a step up in power. The most disappointed guy here downsized from an L series.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series
This is really useful. I'm worried about the HP too although I've done my homework and at least on paper it should work. I'm trading in my B2620 to get it. Here is the comparison:

B2620 24.3 HP (engine gross)
PTO 19.0 HP
Lift Capacity 1356lbs at lift point and 1058lbs at 24"

LX2610 24.8 HP (engine gross)
PTO 19.5 HP
Lift Capacity 2139lbs at lift point and 1676lbs at 24"

So on paper the LX2610 is a little stronger and has a lot more lift capacity which is hard to believe. My land is flat and my B2620 does what I need: It fits comfortably in the rows, handles a 60" RFM and a 3pt mounted sprayer. My problem is I need a cab. It's hot here in the summer and wearing gear is getting old.

I have a larger tractor with loader for heavy work. The reason I'm concerned about HP is the mower and tiller I use call for a 20 HP at the PTO. I don't know if I should be cutting it that close.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #15  
This is really useful. I'm worried about the HP too although I've done my homework and at least on paper it should work. I'm trading in my B2620 to get it. Here is the comparison:

B2620 24.3 HP (engine gross)
PTO 19.0 HP
Lift Capacity 1356lbs at lift point and 1058lbs at 24"

LX2610 24.8 HP (engine gross)
PTO 19.5 HP
Lift Capacity 2139lbs at lift point and 1676lbs at 24"

So on paper the LX2610 is a little stronger and has a lot more lift capacity which is hard to believe. My land is flat and my B2620 does what I need: It fits comfortably in the rows, handles a 60" RFM and a 3pt mounted sprayer. My problem is I need a cab. It's hot here in the summer and wearing gear is getting old.

I have a larger tractor with loader for heavy work. The reason I'm concerned about HP is the mower and tiller I use call for a 20 HP at the PTO. I don't know if I should be cutting it that close.
Not sure where you got those specs on the lx2610 lift. You better verify them before you buy. If not, you're going to be in for a BIG surprise.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #17  
It appears to me that Pinch is confusing the 3-point stats with the FEL stats.???

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #18  
I give you my review on LX2610. I sold my B7800 and got the LX2610, not real sure yet if that was wise move yet. The 7800 was all set up with all the things I liked, now have to rework the LX.
The LX seems to have a good match with the gearing and HP, it seems to have more power then the 7800 that is 30hp. It does a ok job lifting with just loaded tires. The 7800 had loaded tires and wheel weight, but could not lift as much. More weight is going on the LX and wheel spacers (2").
I did not like the 3pt 1/4"ing control on 7800, I like pos. control for 3pt on LX. Seat is lot better on the LX, just wish I had more lead in my ass to make it even better. I also like tilt steering wheel. Dash and controls are just fine, but not the rear remote control arm, to short and small.
Now the things I do not like and have or going to change. First off the rear remotes from Kubota was a joke for LX2610 ( changed}. I ordered the sliding lower arms. Ended up being to short and the sliders were cut at a 45 deg on the bottom side and a ***** to slide back in. They have to be flat going in, if not you have to you have to move the 3pt control up or down. Made a little longer and making new slides. I made all the others on my tractors and they worked great, I just wanted to save some time and labor (big mistake )
The step was lined up with tractor and only 1/2 usable so had to reline it with deck. Now the real bad thing and I mean not good at all. The PTO shaft has NO free play in it at and you have to hook up the equipment. then you can turn the equipment shaft to line it up. The last thing is the loader control lever is hard right at first and when trying to feather is hard to do. That might change in time after the N detent gets rounded some.
Didn't mean to write a book but you want a review.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #19  
What do you mean your PTO shaft has no free play? It is cut to the proper length I hope?

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #20  
What do you mean your PTO shaft has no free play? It is cut to the proper length I hope?
Not in and out, you can not turn it to line the splines up.