I need a new lawn mower!

/ I need a new lawn mower!
I'm sure your aware but hd and Lowes offers 10% off most stuff, bring in a dd214 tsc offered 15% on memorial and vets day got a brand new Hobart lx 2350 stick welder on clearance plus 15% off that. You served honorably, take advantage of it imo. Btw I'm a sucker for deals lol.

Oh wow, good to know. Thank you. 🍻

/ I need a new lawn mower! #112  
The one I have would be overkill for your lawn but the MyRide really takes the bumps and holes out of ground while mowing. Hard to feel it.

You mentioned you are Big & Tall. I did buy extensions for the handles.

You definitely DO NOT want turf tires on the rears. My mower came with the tires shown and handle wet grass much better.

Attachments

• Toro_Z_Master.jpg
    Toro_Z_Master.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
The one I have would be overkill for your lawn but the MyRide really takes the bumps and holes out of ground while mowing. Hard to feel it.

You mentioned you are Big & Tall. I did buy extensions for the handles.

You definitely DO NOT want turf tires on the rears. My mower came with the tires shown and handle wet grass much better.

You confirmed a few things for me when the time for a zero-turn comes; I had yet to see handle extensions, but I figured they must absolutely be a thing. I also presumed I'd want something other than turf tires, but that's like pulling teeth, telling someone you don't want turfs on a zero-turn. I've heard some good stuff about the MyRide; do you mind if I ask how much the Toro set you back with these options?

/ I need a new lawn mower! #114  
You confirmed a few things for me when the time for a zero-turn comes; I had yet to see handle extensions, but I figured they must absolutely be a thing. I also presumed I'd want something other than turf tires, but that's like pulling teeth, telling someone you don't want turfs on a zero-turn. I've heard some good stuff about the MyRide; do you mind if I ask how much the Toro set you back with these options?
Fortunately my wife's not reading this because I paid $11K. I traded in a 4 yo Toro 60" (without the MyRide) to get this one because i was tired of getting beat mowing 4 acres. I would probably get the 54" deck for 2 acres or less.

Extension Handles for Toro

Attachments

• _Z Master® 60_ Zero Turn Mower with MyRIDE _ 77294 _ Toro.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
   / I need a new lawn mower! #115  
Hello folks,

After giving up on my 314 and sending it on down the line, I am without a mower; this hasn't been a problem, but it'll need to be rectified before we get into Spring. My lawn, if you could call it that, would currently be about an acre on a just under 2 acre property. It barely exists as a lawn, having seen much destruction over the last year, and it was a mess to begin with. However, over time it'll be smoothed out, dried out, and an attempt made to return it to normal.

Traditionally I have mowed with lawn or garden tractors; prior to moving here I had a D160 that I really enjoyed, however I found the lawn (before it's current state) beat the tractor rather hard, so I sold it before it caused any damage. That has me scratching the 100 and 200 series out of the running. That was replaced with a Cub Cadet XT3, which handled the property well, but those are no longer in production. The obvious alternative is the X500 series, but that would need to be used given their premium price. So, that leaves the X300 series; from that I've cut out the K46 machines. From there I've narrowed it down to the X380, or maybe even an X384.

The lawn tractor market is sad these days, the only real alternative to the Deere would be a Cub Cadet XT2 in the higher end. Those seem to be good machines, but the frame is similar to that of the 100/200 series Deere; they're pretty well put together, but I'm a big guy and the flex makes me a little uncomfortable.

Husqvarna isn't even in the running, their lawn and garden tractors are a bit of a farce. So I guess that just leaves the Deere X380/X384, or whatever I can find used.

Or...

I could get a zero-turn.

I've never operated one in my life, but they've taken over the market so there must be something to them. I have a few concerns; first and foremost, will my Big & Tall catalog self be able to operate one comfortably? Not far behind that, I wonder how they do on rough terrain? Mud?

I've looked around the local field, and I've found these machines. Does anyone have any thoughts on them? On zero-turns in general? How they compare to lawn and garden tractors? This will just be a lawn mower, other tasks are handled by the Kioti. That said, I've got a 10P cart I'll be able to use again.

Cub Cadet ZTS2 50

ExMark Quest X

Scag Liberty Z

Ariens IKON

Ariens APEX

Bad Boy ZT Elite

John Deere Z330R

Is there anything I'd be doing a disservice not to look at? I'm trying to stay right around 48" with the deck size. Is there anything to look for on a zero-turn that doesn't apply to a lawn tractor? Anything to avoid?

I'd like to figure this out quick enough, before the Spring rush I suppose.
JD 3032 with 72" belly mower vs. Ferris IS800 52" deck, the ZTR Ferris mows the 3.5 acres about 25% faster than the belly mower. (12 trees on the property). I added an air suspension seat and with the shock system on the Ferris does a decent job on rough ground. Only regret, not buying the 62" deck on the Ferris. GL on your search.

Last edited:
Fortunately my wife's not reading this because I paid $11K. I traded in a 4 yo Toro 60" (without the MyRide) to get this one because i was tired of getting beat mowing 4 acres. I would probably get the 54" deck for 2 acres or less.

Extension Handles for Toro

You know, if I run the cheapie until I put up a shed, or better if I run it until it quits- the tractor will be paid off by then; I wonder if my wife would notice the difference between a $6k mower and an $11k just by looking at it?

🤔🤣

/ I need a new lawn mower! #117  
You know, if I run the cheapie until I put up a shed, or better if I run it until it quits- the tractor will be paid off by then; I wonder if my wife would notice the difference between a $6k mower and an $11k just by looking at it?

🤔🤣
Mine wouldn't. She only found out two weeks later when she saw an email from the loan company. 😆

/ I need a new lawn mower! #118  
Heck mine offered more than they hinted they would sell the consignment for !...
In the end It was still a bargain. All in for under $2600

JD's needing a wash and some plastic repair hid a good condition X model for a reasonable price. Already put another 100 hours on it and would buy it again in a heart beat. I have a newish suspension seat I should replace the ripped stocker with or splurge on a new factory JD seat.

Attachments

• X 500 John Deere.jpg
    X 500 John Deere.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
Last edited: