Owner Reviews on LX Series

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #1  

Pinch

Tractor
JD950, Kubota L4610, Kubota B2620
Like many others I am looking at the LX series. Specifically, the LX2610HSDC (Cab). I'd be interested to hear from current owners regarding their experience so far with the LX series. Any LX2610 owners who wish they had bought the LX3310?

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #2  
Quite a few videos on LX2601 and LX3310. I've looked at them because I'm looking at an LX2601SU as a possibility. Even the 2601 has too much hp for me. Cannot get a "2 series" tractor any more with only 18.5 hp like my 4010 was.

You can get the op manual form the LX3310 that covers it and 2601s. Can get a free download from Kubota site. Kinda tricky, but you can get it free. It's in the "L" area near the end.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series
Thanks Ralph. One guy on YouTube, GP Outdoors, has some good videos, but what do you think about the HST whine he complains about?

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #4  
I don't watch GP that much but I did notice his hst whine on one video. To me it sounded normal.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #5  
Thanks Ralph. One guy on YouTube, GP Outdoors, has some good videos, but what do you think about the HST whine he complains about?
I have no experience with the LX but in my mind HST whine is like the refrigerator running. If you think about it, it’s gonna annoy the crap out of you. If you just do whatever you’re doing it’s white noise. The LX owners are likely new to tractors so hyper sensitive to any sounds. Just my opinion.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #6  
I have a 2610 and wish I had bought a 3310. The 2610 with a 6ft RFM can't make it up a minor to me grade and maintain PTO or forward speed. I sold the RFM and bought a ZT. Certainly the best solution, but also much more money that could have been avoided with enough tractor power. Would the 3310 have been enough for my situation, don't know, but likely would have been sufficient. Very dependent on your terrain and use.

Will wind up buying a very light 5 ft knife flail for the tractor to handle the parts too steep for the ZT. Already slid the ZT through one fence, fortunately no damage other than to the fence.

On my land I would never buy another tractor that didn't have the maximum HP available for the specific frame size I was purchasing. This would not be the case if I still lived in Illinois where it is fundamentally flat. On flat ground the 2610 handled the RFM no problem. A cabbed 2610 would be even more limited in this regard due to the added cab weight.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #7  
I owned a LX2610 for a short time , it was not a cab model so can not help you on that, but for me it was a let down. I came from a L series and I felt like it was not built as well and although the loader specs are close on paper it didnt have the reach and felt very unstable. It had a lot more Hst whine than the L. As the weather got colder the transmission had a jerk when trying to creep forward. If you watch the GP outdoors video he talks about. I would suggest driving one and make sure you can live with it. Also remember on the cab model the a/c will pull the horse power down more.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #8  
One video on the LX2610 was done by a guy who had owned a B2601 previously. He mentioned that the LX's treadle pedal was a bit jerky vs. his B2601's being butter smooth.

That's why I want to try them out, with loaders. Looking at a B2301 or LX2601. So far, 3 dealers have the tractors but no loaders.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #9  
When the weather is colder than about 40 F my 2610 is a little jerky until the fluid heats up a little. No problem for me, but I don't use it when it's too cold outside for the fluid to get warm. That weather doesn't exist here.

I like the machine quite a bit, just wish I had bought more HP. Didn't want the weight of a L to mow with, but now that I have the ZT not needing the tractor to do much of that.

I have an LX 2610 with the SU tires and 1.5" rear spacers, filled rear tires. Very stable. You can't use a MMM with the SU tires, even though it has the mid PTO. A MMM weighs over 300 # less than the RFM I had, but that wouldn't be enough to solve the lack of power problem for me.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #10  
When the weather is colder than about 40 F my 2610 is a little jerky until the fluid heats up a little. No problem for me, but I don't use it when it's too cold outside for the fluid to get warm. That weather doesn't exist here.

I like the machine quite a bit, just wish I had bought more HP. Didn't want the weight of a L to mow with, but now that I have the ZT not needing the tractor to do much of that.

I have an LX 2610 with the SU tires and 1.5" rear spacers, filled rear tires. Very stable. You can't use a MMM with the SU tires, even though it has the mid PTO. A MMM weighs over 300 # less than the RFM I had, but that wouldn't be enough to solve the lack of power problem for me.
I don't know what you guys are doing to complain about lack of power. I started out with an 18.5 hp JD and had it for 9 years. Plenty of power for bush hogging/mowing and wood chipping.

Do you like to operate always below 1500 rpm?