I need a new lawn mower!

/ I need a new lawn mower! #122  
How would that work on a ZTurn?

Not sure they can without a transaxle because of individual hydraulic motors.

If you activate both levers doesn't it force both rear wheels to turn anyway, so no actuatable locker needed anyway/
Maybe a reason to buy a rider. That said I originally wanted a z turn.
Wife said no way I want to stay with riding mowers.
So if it has a transaxle, having locking provision can be the difference in moving or not.

Last edited:
   / I need a new lawn mower! #123  
So what would you call those tires if not 'turf tires'?
Voodoo Trac Drive tires with aggressive tread. Definitely not turf tires. And not as aggressive as the bar (lug) tires.

/ I need a new lawn mower! #124  
Voodoo Trac Drive tires with aggressive tread. Definitely not turf tires. And not as aggressive as the bar (lug) tires.
Yeah, evidently Toro has TM'd that name - Voodoo Trac Drive.

I've noticed different traed patterns but just considered them all a type of turf tire.

/ I need a new lawn mower! #125  
Yeah, evidently Toro has TM'd that name - Voodoo Trac Drive.

I've noticed different tread patterns but just considered them all a type of turf tire.
The first zero turn had turf tires and if the grass was slight wet the tires would spin. I surprised how well these trac tires perform.

/ I need a new lawn mower! #126  
I just found out my Troy-Bilt Bronco was made in 2012.!!!
Had a small issue when the 2 tiny screws that hold the carburetor butterfly on came loose and got sucked into the head..
It never quit running.!!
As a matter of fact it ran WIDE OPEN

/ I need a new lawn mower! #127  
   / I need a new lawn mower! #128  
   / I need a new lawn mower! #129  
Well, just had a rug pulled out from under me that has me pretty pissed; I now have no place under cover to store the mower. So, I'm not buying a $6k or more machine to let it go to pot sitting outdoors. Now I'm thinking of putting something on the Home Depot card and paying it off at 0% before the year is out; unfortunately Home Depot doesn't seem to have the S170, for some reason I'd have to buy that from Lowes. On the other hand, theoretically, I could get a 42" S240 for a couple hundred more. The missus doesn't trust getting a used machine, but I'm still watching CL; it might be easier if I had Facebook, but nah.

So, that's the current update.

What happened to the storage solution?

/ I need a new lawn mower!
What happened to the storage solution?

To put a long story short, it's still there, I am just not allowed to use it.

We rent from my in-laws, and sold our home to do so when my father-in-law took a job as a groundskeeper. That job has him and his wife living on-site, and has for over a decade now.

The 314 spent the summer outdoors, and wintered covered in a tarp on my utility trailer. That's what I'll probably keep doing for the time being.