Orange and Blue

/ Orange and Blue #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
My favorite hobby, sitting on the front deck with my dog, a couple of the the tractors and a glass of Crown Royal.

Finally got to mow some of my dead lawns. Got 2 days of rain finally.

Attachments

• 20230617_160704.jpg
    20230617_160704.jpg
    622.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 20230617_161154.jpg
    20230617_161154.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 94
   / Orange and Blue
Work is done for the day, so brought the pretty Ford out to stare at while I relax with a cold drink.
I'll wait until dark and get a pic of it with all the blue under hood led lights on. LOL

/ Orange and Blue #4  
The weather difference just a few hundred miles make is unbelievable. We are getting rain here again, if it keeps coming down the way it is now we probably will get an inch or two. I need to finish putting my garden in the ground, so I am going out to get wet for an hour or so.

/ Orange and Blue
Ya, been really dry here. Fires all over.

Plus I think I have a grub infestation. Got big round dead patches all over. But thanks to Canada we can't get good pesticides any more. Only thing available is nematodes but the stores don't refrigerate them properly so when you buy them at a very high price they are already dead and don't do anything.

/ Orange and Blue #6  
My favorite hobby, sitting on the front deck with my dog, a couple of the the tractors and a glass of Crown Royal.

Finally got to mow some of my dead lawns. Got 2 days of rain finally.
Comfortable pace always has good results. :)

/ Orange and Blue #7  
Grubs - Have you tried Milky Spore? Worked for me.

/ Orange and Blue
Grubs - Have you tried Milky Spore? Worked for me.
What is that Chim? How does it work? I'll have to see if I can get it here in Canada.

/ Orange and Blue #9  
What is that Chim? How does it work? I'll have to see if I can get it here in Canada.
It's my understanding that it only works on Japanese Beetle grubs. I also am hesitant to use something which will stay in the soil for 15 years or longer, even if it is "natural."

/ Orange and Blue #10  
I bought milky spore at the local hardware store on the recommendation of a friend who used it years ago. My yard had a couple large brown spots where the browned grass could be swept right off the dirt. It worked well, so the grubs must have been Japanese Beetles.

I have one tree that's about 200' from where the nearest dead spot was that has been the only thing that has attracted Japanese Beetles. It's a linden tree and the beetles aren't found anywhere else. This may be the first time in at least 20 years that the beetles haven't tried to defoliate it. I must have applied the systemic insecticide earl and liberally enough :) In years past every time I though they were licked, they started chewing the leaves up and turning the tree brown. Fingers crossed.

The areas I did weren't really large, probably less than the equivalent of a couple 20' circles. It manually applied it with a spoon. My bud did large areas of his yard using a piece of 4" PVC. He drilled holes in it and capped the ends. Then he made a rope bridle to walk along pulling the (milky spore-filled) pipe. As the pipe rotated it deposited little dabs of the MS powder. I thought that was pretty clever.