Loader Old man and tree

/ Old man and tree
well done rig. all pole saws sometimes get pinched high up. have you run into any problems with pinching w/a arm that length? good work.

Cutting from top helps prevent pinching. Manual polesaw a good educator persuader. Small 2-4” limbs are so shocked from being cut so fast binding is minimal. Pinch does happen and having a reverse to crawl out indispensable. Also cutting over 10” can stall the chain. Quick reverse to forward usually gets it cutting again. Lots of force on the chain but still using the my first chain showing little wear from either cutting tooth or drive links which in remarkable. Bars another story. Have bent two bars. Just part of the consumables. 20” bar and chain $40. Just got to let cut under it’s own weight and not force it with FEL or tractor.
IMG_2188.JPG

Being able to section fallen trees enough to push back into the woods or haul off all from the tractor seat been helpful.

/ Old man and tree #12  
Must be super, duper nice to not have to get off the tractor seat to run a chainsaw by hand. No worries about snakes in the woodpile, either.

/ Old man and tree #13  
the reverse feature would be the selling pt for me were i buying one.