NH T1510 Steering Problem

/ NH T1510 Steering Problem #11  
Changing oil and filter won’t fix tractor. Are you sure it don’t have a separate tank and pump for the steering?
Can’t see what 17 is on parts list.

/ NH T1510 Steering Problem
Will this help?

Steering.png

/ NH T1510 Steering Problem #16  
No you don’t check or fill there. It’s either the transaxle or separate tank. That appears to be the steering valve.

Is there a way to bleed out the system? Wondering if there might be air somewhere in there. Seems like the only place to check for hydraulic fluid is on the dip stick.

/ NH T1510 Steering Problem #18  
Again, going back to my post #7. I referred to the rubber hose, which connects the front steering pump to the rear hydraulics pump. This hose is the weakest link in this system, if there is a restriction from the transaxle reservoir to the pumps. It will collapse and restrict flow to the steering pump. Flow can be restricted a number of ways, including: restriction of flow to the filter in the transaxle, filter restriction, or collapsed steel line from the filter to the pumps. Most likely- filter restriction. Drain the tranny, change the filter and watch for rubber hose collapse. If the filter change solves the problem, I would still consider changing the rubber hose as I said, it is the weakest link in the steering system.

Thanks. I came out to the garage to check some things. Main thing I notice is that whenever the steering gives me issues it makes a noise, kind of like a loud higher pitched humming sound. It also does it every time I raise the 5ft brush hog. Won’t do it when I lower it. Sounds like it’s coming from the area circled in red. Looked on messicks but didn’t see that part. I’m almost certain it shouldn’t be making that noise.

I checked all the lines and hoses and don’t see anything wrong.

f83dd963-4ca8-42c1-a8d3-61ded6a4ced3-jpeg.764232

5257EC0C-36E2-4843-AB93-60C533AAF37D.jpeg

Attachments

• F83DD963-4CA8-42C1-A8D3-61DED6A4CED3.jpeg
    F83DD963-4CA8-42C1-A8D3-61DED6A4CED3.jpeg
    585.7 KB · Views: 168
   / NH T1510 Steering Problem #20  
Are there any belts to check??

willy