Newbie shopping 1st tractor

/ Newbie shopping 1st tractor #1  

bthom70

Tractor
Bobcat CT2025
I'm in CT and have Kioti, Bobcat and Kubota closest to me. Started pricing Kioti CK2610 and Bobcat CT2025. Bobcat was swinging my vote until I started reading about the FL7 loader issues and less lift # compared to Kioti. Bobcat has a better dealer network and more staff vs. Kioti. This Kioti dealer is primarily power equipment and also sells tractors for 25+yrs but only has 1 dedicated tractor employee.

Kioti CK2610 is about $1,000 more than Bobcat CT2025 both with 3rd function. I did get pricing from a Kioti dealer in Katonah NY, only 10-15min further travel and he was $2,000 less than CT. I need to call Bobcat and have them quote a CT2035 next. I'm going to Katonah this weekend to work out more numbers for CK2610 and CK3510. This dealer is 1/2 tractor, 1/2 power equipment and has more tractor employees.

/ Newbie shopping 1st tractor #2  
I'd personally pay close attention to the dealer, and the feeling you get from them; I can't imagine you'd go wrong with either, so long as all the dealer prep was done properly.

I love my CK2610, it's been great.

/ Newbie shopping 1st tractor #3  
If you can ask the dealer if you can take test spin in there yard.
Have the tractor controls come to you and comfortable seat operations.
Also check the service department.

/ Newbie shopping 1st tractor
I'd personally pay close attention to the dealer, and the feeling you get from them; I can't imagine you'd go wrong with either, so long as all the dealer prep was done properly.

I love my CK2610, it's been great.
Should I even consider the CK3510? I'd rather not regret later. Cleaning up 3acres of downed trees and brush.. Took down 12 standing dead oaks and have 24-30"+ logs to cut and split. There will be plenty more in future years.

/ Newbie shopping 1st tractor #5  
Check the lift specification a little closer. The Bobcat is measured at the lift point to the highest lift point, 1369 LBS @ 95". The KL2610 Kioti loader is 1252 LBS @98.2". Please understand that is at the lift point. When you put a pallet fork on the loader and lift at the middle of the fork it will pick up less, that is true with all loaders.

/ Newbie shopping 1st tractor #6  
Get a Quote on a CT2040 it is only $600 more.

/ Newbie shopping 1st tractor #7  
Should I even consider the CK3510? I'd rather not regret later. Cleaning up 3acres of downed trees and brush.. Took down 12 standing dead oaks and have 24-30"+ logs to cut and split. There will be plenty more in future years.

There is one question to ask; do you mind working a little slower?

The 2610 will do everything the 3510 can do, it's just going to do it a little slower, and that's guaranteed. In return you get a little more simplicity, and that's what sold me over the higher horsepower machines. I already work pretty slow, so it's not a thing for me.

With that said, I refer to the actual working speed of the machine, not the hydraulic speed, the hydraulics are great.

/ Newbie shopping 1st tractor #8  
Check the lift specification a little closer. The Bobcat is measured at the lift point to the highest lift point, 1369 LBS @ 95". The KL2610 Kioti loader is 1252 LBS @98.2". Please understand that is at the lift point. When you put a pallet fork on the loader and lift at the middle of the fork it will pick up less, that is true with all loaders.

Are you still seeing KL2610's? I'm seeing the KL4030 and KL4030C on all the CK series these days.

I wouldn't bother with any of the other loader options, assuming they're still available. The KL3040 should have been on them from the start.

[EDIT]: Whoops.

Last edited:
   / Newbie shopping 1st tractor
Are you still seeing KL2610's? I'm seeing the KL3040 and KL3040C on all the CK series these days.

I wouldn't bother with any of the other loader options, assuming they're still available. The KL3040 should have been on them from the start.
I usually see KL4030 on all CK2610