New tractor.

/ New tractor. #1  

Joel/ak

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat 324
We got a MF 1705 over glorified lawn mower we have been using. Worked great but looking at something bigger.

My question is for the class1 3 point. Are the splines universal between all makes and models? I got all the implements I need. Just a little bit bigger tractor. Curious of the output shaft splines.

/ New tractor. #2  
We got a MF 1705 over glorified lawn mower we have been using. Worked great but looking at something bigger.

My question is for the class1 3 point. Are the splines universal between all makes and models? I got all the implements I need. Just a little bit bigger tractor. Curious of the output shaft splines.
Yes all of the modern PTO shafts are the same.

Andy

/ New tractor.
Thanks andy

/ New tractor. #4  
You may experience a difference in the length of the Pto shaft. Make sure you have enough overlap in the shaft parts.
As long as it's a 6 spline, they are all the same from the smallest to biggest tractor.

/ New tractor. #5  

Massey Ferguson GC1705 Dimensions​

Massey Ferguson GC1705 tractor photo
2013 - 2018
GC1700 Series
Sub-Compact Utility tractor
Iseki built
Dimensions
Wheelbase:57.1 inches
145 cm
Length:97.6 inches
247 cm
Width:47.25 inches
120 cm
Height (ROPS):72.8 inches
184 cm
Shiping weight:1433 lbs
650 kg
Ground clearance:6.7 inches

Last edited:
   / New tractor. #6  
We have about 100 acres of hunting land to maintain.
We have a Bobcat 324 mini and a Massey Ferguson 1705.

In my opinion you will have to move up to a 2,100+ pound bare weight tractor to notice a significant capability increase. Almost all tractors with a bare weight of 2,000 to 4,000 pounds have a ground clearance of 12". A few have a ground clearance of 14".

Some 2,100 pound bare weight tractors have a pin adjustment on the Three Point Hitch Lifting Rod stirrups to lower the Lower Link arms 3" to 5" to couple with implements sized for 7" ground clearance subcompact tractors, some do not. Research carefully before you purchase.

Also the "spread" pin width for sub compact implements is usually 20"; viz 26" for compact tractors. This can usually, not always, be addressed by reversing or swapping out the male implement pins.

BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR

Most here would recommend a 3,700 pound to 4,000 pound bare weight tractor for maintaining 100 acres of hunting land.

Tractor capability is more closely correlated to tractor weight than any other single (1) specification.

Last edited:
   / New tractor.
Thanks jeff

/ New tractor.
Looking at the kubota 3902. Dealer is about 30 miles away. Have a new holland dealer about 10 miles away but not familiar with the brand

/ New tractor. #9  
Nothing wrong with an L3902.

However, price out an MX too. Probably $5,000 more for a 3,700 pound bare weight tractor rather than a 2,700 pound bare weight tractor. Much more stable due to greater width and much larger tires. 40% more horsepower. Twice the FEL lift capacity.

Last edited:
   / New tractor. #10  
MX has larger wheels and tires front and rear than any L.

MX has heavier Category 2 Three Point Hitch. Kubota provides pin bushings so you can pull Category 1 implements equally well.

MX has two part rims standard when you order R4 tires, so rear wheel stance is adjustable with R4 tires.

Probably three times as many units of MX are sold, relative to L4701.

Buy the MX.

If you are over 55 years of age buy a Kubota 'Grand L'. Your aging body will thank you every day.

7/2021​