New tractor purchase

/ New tractor purchase #1  

Duds13

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610, Kubota BX 2200
Hello - have done a lot of reading on the forum and decided to join to get some advice on a new tractor purchase. I am looking to get a tractor with a front end loader and brush cutter for my 5.5 acre property. Plan on using it for firewood, brush cutting a couple times a year, moving stone/dirt and other general purpose property maintenance. I have a BX2200 with a snowblower, belly mower and bagger that I will be keeping as well.

I have a Kubota and Yanmar dealer 5 minutes from my house and one of their other locations 28 miles away also sells Kioti. I recently received the following quotes

Kioti CK3510 with FEL with cutting edge, no rotary cutter, block heater, loaded rear tires: $26,963
Kubota LX 2610HD with 54" FEL and cutting edge, 5' rotary cutter, block heater, loaded rear tires: $25,950

I'm also getting a quote on a Kioti CK 2610 that I will post once I have.

Thoughts?

Many thanks to all!

/ New tractor purchase #2  
I would think the bx would be plenty for 5 acres. Does it have a loader ? If you just want a bigger rig Any Of those you mentioned are good options, If you stay at the 25 hp level you wont have to deal with dpf, Any of the compacts will be more tractor than your sub.

/ New tractor purchase #3  
Just bought a Kubota B2601 with $1600 box blade, loader and added hydraulic in front for $24,441 at Winchester, Va.

/ New tractor purchase #4  
The Kubota LX2610 is only slightly heavier than your BX2200. Due to higher center-of-gravity LX2610 will be tippy doing heavy Loader work. (I used to own predecessor model Kubota B3300SU) As you will not need mid-PTO, consider LX2610SU, which omits mid-PTO. SU model has larger wheels/tires. The LX series rear PTO is "independent".

GREAT VIDEO:

I do not think you will notice more than a slight capability increase over your BX2200 subcompact tractor with an LX, that mostly in the Loader. The fundamental importance of TRACTOR WEIGHT eludes many tractor shoppers. Tractor capability is more closely correlated to bare tractor weight than any other single specification.

Kioti CK3510 has more weight and enough power to operate a 60" Rotary Cutter, light duty, or medium duty. It has an old school "live" PTO which may be awkward maneuvering Rotary Cutter over five acres. An "independent" PTO is the contemporary standard. Fine for Loader applications over five acres.

LINK: live vs independent pto

Kioti CK2610 as above but with insufficient PTO power. Fine for Loader applications over five acres.

When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second, rear axle width third (stability), rear wheel/tire ballast fourth (stability and traction).

Last edited:
   / New tractor purchase #5  
   / New tractor purchase
Thanks everyone for the replies! My current BX does not have a front end loader.

/ New tractor purchase
Just got two additional quotes

Kioti CK2610HST with FEL, cutter edge, block heater, loaded rear tires and 60" rotary mower for $24,687

Kioti CS2520HST same options as above (smaller bucket though) for $20,140

Last edited:
   / New tractor purchase
Hey Hornett, thank you for the reply. Can you elaborate why it would be your first choice> To be honest, it was what I had in mind when I first started researching, then I kept reading about getting as much HP as you can afford so I started looking at the 3510 which in all honesty is more than I really wanted to spend.

/ New tractor purchase #10  
Hello - have done a lot of reading on the forum and decided to join to get some advice on a new tractor purchase. I am looking to get a tractor with a front end loader and brush cutter for my 5.5 acre property. Plan on using it for firewood, brush cutting a couple times a year, moving stone/dirt and other general purpose property maintenance. I have a BX2200 with a snowblower, belly mower and bagger that I will be keeping as well.

I have a Kubota and Yanmar dealer 5 minutes from my house and one of their other locations 28 miles away also sells Kioti. I recently received the following quotes

Kioti CK3510 with FEL with cutting edge, no rotary cutter, block heater, loaded rear tires: $26,963
Kubota LX 2610HD with 54" FEL and cutting edge, 5' rotary cutter, block heater, loaded rear tires: $25,950

I'm also getting a quote on a Kioti CK 2610 that I will post once I have.

Thoughts?

Many thanks to all!
If you have a New Holland dealer nearby then consider Workmaster 50 with loader (4x4). The extra money you pay will be worth it in the future. Extra weight with extra Hp / PTO power will make you smile in years to come. I had rather be making payments on the extra I paid for bigger tractor than to have a smaller tractor that’s paid for.