New shop started

/ New shop started
Thx Otto, I was only at about 20 yards.

Yanmar, got a bunch of it 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2. Sitting for years

Blocks /rounds of s-7 and various other high end good steel, milkcrates of bronze and oilite solids etc.

So many shops closed years ago and would just give it away when I was picking up a machine tool.

I sorta felt bad about using it but then thought “wth, I have had this crap around for 10 yrs or more??”

/ New shop started
Felt ok today (nice to have a good day) so tackled a project.

I have had this jd weigh box for as long as I have owned the tractor. Since I swap the backhoe with flail, it never gets used. Back when I got it (10++) years ago, I used 111 concrete blocks as weight. Somewhere around 600lbs. I did this as I wasn’t sure of my future plans with box and didn’t want to do something that couldn’t be reversed.

Today it was reversed. Plan is to make a “carry all” box for hand tools, chainsaw fuel, brush cutter etc. will use the jeep plow hitch to lift and leave it so 3point attachment can still be used. I generally use forks on rear of jeep or grapple so this will compliment nicely.

111 blocks stacked as tight as one can.

Blocks removed

Welded up hook to lift and trial height. Next to weld in pockets, cut holes, make frame mounts etc

Took “black” and “blue” (seat color) out for spin also to keep carbs clean

/ New shop started
Brand new, still in production.

Steve stopped making them and sold the business but new owner sunk it. Steve bought the business back and has restarted

Here is his fb page

www.facebook.com

Steve Fontanini Blacksmith

Steve Fontanini Blacksmith, Hoback Junction, Wyoming. 582 likes · 37 talking about this. Local business
www.facebook.com
www.facebook.com

/ New shop started #527  
Just thinking about it, I don't believe I've ever seen an anvil in person. I've heard that they are heavy, but other then that, I don't know anything about them.

What does this one weigh?

/ New shop started
This one is about 460, replacing one at about half that(you can see the one I’m replacing in last pic on cabinet, getting cleaned up for sale)

Anvil moved into smith area
Nothing too fancy, sander and hammer rack moved out for some arranging atm

Finished carry-all box=less trips to shed

View is till good

/ New shop started #529  
Just thinking about it, I don't believe I've ever seen an anvil in person. I've heard that they are heavy, but other then that, I don't know anything about them.

What does this one weigh?
That's funny because I have met a number of people who I consider anvils, in my life. Oh wait - you said something different, didn't you?
;)