New rules for ethanol in gasoline

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline
Syn Fuel ?? what is syn fuel ?
Using Tru-Fuel but Echo and Stihl also sell their own branded syn fuels. They wouldn't be economical for a tree company but work well for an occasional user like me. Not cheap however. I pay about 40 bucks a gallon at Lowes for the stuff but unlike e-gas, the life in a 2 stroke gas tank is at least 5 years and all my 2 stroke engines run better on it. I have a balky Stihl that is over 40 years old (bought new) that refuses to idle on pump gas, idles just fine on syn fuel.

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #33  
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Oklahoma must have a law that requires ethanol free to be sold. Our oldest went to OU, so we took more than a few trips there. Seems they had ethanol free and it was often same or less than blended.

The majority of gasoline sold in the US is E10. It has never been made at refineries, and has always been blended at the rack, as they say. It's been that way since the 80s. So this is nothing new.

Never said it was did I? All I am referring to is the particular states will be E15 and what E15 does to small engines. Indiana nor Michigan is included so relax.

Like I stated, you cannot transmit E gas via pipeline because it's corrosive and it's corrosive to auto and small engine fuel systems not specifically built to handle it.

E10 will work in small engines so long as it don't sit for an extended time. Having said that I use E10 in my ZTR's that sit all winter but I use Marine Stabil in every fill of my gas cans as well. Not a plug for it but it prevents phase separation.

E15 is a different animal entirely.

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #35  
When I lived in Maine, the only ethanol free fuel I could find was at the airports, and most would not sell to you. Where I am in VA, there are several stations that sell E0.

IIRC, every bushel of corn processed for ethanol produces about 3 gallons of ethanol and about 20 lbs of animal feed. And, from what I understand, the feed produced is much richer than the corn before the processing, so it displaces about 120%.

IOW, 100lbs of ethanol-processed feed takes the place of 120lbs of corn. Not sure about all that.

I'm not crazy about using it for ethanol but I don't think it's as bad as some think. Technology is good in the right hands.

In the wrong hands -- Well, those people screw up everything they touch anyway, so.................
It is what it is and when we had cattle (we don't anymore) I used to get DDG from the now defunct alcohol distiller. It was cheap as a by product of the distillation process and a value added product for them. DDG (Dried Distiller Grain is what is left over from the making of corn alcohol. Not really dry as in sand. Kind of damp dry and cattle love it, but then cattle love silage too.

To my reading, this is not forcing anyone to buy E85 gas. It would be allowing its sale in the summer months, as well as winter.

When I have seen E85 offered for sale in Ohio, it is labeled as a cheaper alternative. The same station offers "normal" gas for a higher price, and it can have up to 10% ethanol.
Here as well but you cannot run it in a non Flex Fuel vehicle or a small engine. The fuel systems aren't compatible with it.

How many people know the quantity of Diesel to produce a gallon of ethanol?
Corn doesn't just grow wild and get harvested by hand.
Not a clue on my part, I grow hay, don't row crop. Bad enough.

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #40  
How many people know the quantity of Diesel to produce a gallon of ethanol?
Corn doesn't just grow wild and get harvested by hand.
Totally depends on the tractors/machinery used in preparation, planting and harvesting and the lay of the land.