New rules for ethanol in gasoline

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #132  
Oh sure, i'm guessing you spouting some engine manufacturing test and studies, trumps the opinion of my buddy down the road, that heard from a friends sister's brother's uncle's boss, read on a tractor forum.....:unsure:;)

I'd forgotten all about adding HEET when the temps got low.

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #133  
Oh sure, i'm guessing you spouting some engine manufacturing test and studies, trumps the opinion of my buddy down the road, that heard from a friends sister's brother's uncle's boss, read on a tractor forum.....:unsure:;)

I'd forgotten all about adding HEET when the temps got low.
Yeah, we used to run Heet in all of our snowmobile’s, But we ran it because of the condensation that gathers in the tank. I would also carry little test kits to see how much water we had in the fuel. Running some pretty high horsepower motors before EFI came around to adjust fuel air mixes automatically.

Last edited:
   / New rules for ethanol in gasoline #134  
This applies not only to small engines but gas tractors and motorcycles as well..

The EPA changed their requirement for corn alcohol in gasoline in certain states, effective in 2023. The states of Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio, Nebraska. South Dakota and Wisconsin.

Keep in mind that anything over 10% by volume of corn alcohol added to gasoline spells death for small engines. They aren't designed and don't have the fuel systems capable of handling anymore than 10%

The petroleum producers also warned the EPA that the additional corn alcohol would increase the cost per gallon in those states as well, of course the EPA didn't listen.

You cannot pipeline e-gas as it's corrosive to pipelines. It has to be blended in at the refinery and road trucked to filling stations.

I think we all know what 10% e-gas does (without the addition of a stabilizer) now. 15% will be worse.

I already switched my chainsaws and weed trimmers over to syn fuel. It's expensive but I'm tired of dealing with gunked carbs and failed fuel lines on seasonal and occasional use gas powered equipment.
Find a local GASOLINE dealer and fill up with their premium 91 octane. Your little darlings will love you for it....and add your additives if you like. I like 91 as my equipment starts easier and runs better regardless of all the data out there identifying the differences in regular and premium. Course some filling stations around here only stock the 87 but that's better than E10 or above.