New Metal shop

/ New Metal shop
Okay got an update and a question, the shop is up and usable I did finally finish the back wall where the two buildings tie together and with several rainy days it did not have any leaks where I joined them, there is some water seeping under the 10 foot rollup door.
Now for the question, I have a 100 amp breaker from my house feeding the old shop 4 wire with a ground rod at the old shop, for the new shop I have a 100 amp box with breaker what I am thinking is to connect to the incoming lugs in the old shop going to the breaker in the new shop including a neutral and a ground with a second ground rod for the second box, for some reason connecting to the lugs is bothering me, but each box is protected with it's own breaker the wires are rated at 100 amps or above. what are your thoughts?

/ New Metal shop #42  
Okay got an update and a question, the shop is up and usable I did finally finish the back wall where the two buildings tie together and with several rainy days it did not have any leaks where I joined them, there is some water seeping under the 10 foot rollup door.
Now for the question, I have a 100 amp breaker from my house feeding the old shop 4 wire with a ground rod at the old shop, for the new shop I have a 100 amp box with breaker what I am thinking is to connect to the incoming lugs in the old shop going to the breaker in the new shop including a neutral and a ground with a second ground rod for the second box, for some reason connecting to the lugs is bothering me, but each box is protected with it's own breaker the wires are rated at 100 amps or above. what are your thoughts?
If the two buildings are tied together, as in no seperation between them. They can now be considered one building. No ground rod or ground rods required at second 100 amp panel.
I would suggest that you put a breaker in the first panel and run conductors from it to the new 100 amp panel. 2 ungrounded conductors, 1 neutral conductor and 1 ground wire.

Ungrounded conductors = Phase conductors, having 120 volts to neutral (or 120 volts to ground).

If you have only one ground rod at the first panel, I would reccommend driving another ground rod a minimum of 6' away from the first ground rod and connecting them to your panel ground bar.

/ New Metal shop
I am planning on the second ground rod, and I have enough wire in the first box to move it to a breaker but I'll have to move something else out of the old box to the new box to make room.

/ New Metal shop
Got my first circuit connected of all things it is the vent fan and it is to cold to run it 😊 but it was the closest one to start on and I used MC cable for it. Now I need to get to running some conduit.

/ New Metal shop #45  
Progress is always rewarding!
Vent fan, I understand that one this time of year.

22F this morning here, and wouldn't want to be pulling my warm air outside. After Electrical inspection, I finished putting 12" of insulation in my shop yesterday.

/ New Metal shop
12" I only have 2" in mine but it doesn't get near that cold here

/ New Metal shop
20230315_172420.jpg20230315_172456.jpg
Had a friend donate some steel to me so I put it to use and built a porch in front of the 10ft rollup door, the post are 4inch channel and the rafters are 3inch beams all welded together. I scored the Hat channel for 28 bucks a 20ft stick the local roofing supplier was asking 60 bucks. I will tie the roofs together with the roofing metal. Hopefully this will stop the rain water from coming under the rollup door.