New L2501 advice needed

/ New L2501 advice needed #71  
I have a 3 point to SSQA adapter for the back of the tractor so that I can use any SSQA attachment on the 3-point. Along with with a hydraulic top link.

/ New L2501 advice needed
I have a 3 point to SSQA adapter for the back of the tractor so that I can use any SSQA attachment on the 3-point. Along with with a hydraulic top link.
Titan looks nice. Might try one when I get FEL forks.

Got a cheap ballast box coming, I'll load it w/cement bricks, easier to throw out if I don't want it.

EA never did get back to me.

/ New L2501 advice needed #73  
Creative, not picky! LOL

I want pallet forks for the SSQA loader. Need ballast.

Seems I could put same forks on back, load it for ballast?

I'm new at this, just thinking ;)
I had similar thoughts when I got my first machine a decade ago. Modular & infinitely swappable sounds cool & useful. But optimized tooling is the standard because it just works better.

These days I just use the mower, box blade or LPGS as ballast & dont wory about it.

My old L3200 was a light machine, same weight & ballance as yours. I nearly rolled it a couple times due to inadequate ballast before i knew better. Make sure you load the tires & have good weight on the back. My new L4060 is a heavier machine & doesn't need ballast nearly as much. I expect lots of advise in the thread is more general for slightly bigger machines with heavier rear ends.

Installed a ballast box today, 5cu ft deal - all look alike to me.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. If I tighten up the turnbuckles where the box won't shift right to left, the arms are forced open against the pin clips. That's not gonna last long, the retaining clips are gonna break shear, bend over time, not to mention, the stock knuckle/bearings thingies may get buggered up in the process.

I wrapped a chain around the arms, then tightened up the turnbuckles. Kinda funky or ???

/ New L2501 advice needed #75  

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. If I tighten up the turnbuckles where the box won't shift right to left, the arms are forced open against the pin clips. That's not gonna last long, the retaining clips are gonna break shear, bend over time, not to mention, the stock knuckle/bearings thingies may get buggered up in the process.

I wrapped a chain around the arms, then tightened up the turnbuckles. Kinda funky or ???
You shouldn’t need a chain as an addition to your 3ph to use an implement. Yes, the lift arms will put tension on the lynch pins when adjusted to minimize sway. And no, your lynch pins are not likely to break.

/ New L2501 advice needed #76  
It will hold up better than you think. As I recall Kubota pushes the 3 point arms out when you tighten them up and John Deere pushes them in. I own a JD now but like the Kubota setup better.

Seems collapsible stabs would help if it bugs one too much.

/ New L2501 advice needed #78  
Turnbuckles are old technology. For the life of me,I don't understand why telescoping stabilizers and extendable ends aren't standard equipment.

Last edited:
   / New L2501 advice needed #79  

I agree, it’s not a very good design. My Kubota bends the linch pins but I’ve never had one break. I’d probably just keep using it until it proves it doesn’t work. The linch pins are probably just mild steel. You could trade them for harder bolts for a cheap fix.

Last edited:
   / New L2501 advice needed #80  
Turnbuckles are old technology. For the life of me,I don't understand why telescoping stabilizers and extendable ends aren't standard equipment.
Because they have more components to manufacture & are more expensive. They are standard on the Grand Ls. They have to cut some corners to make a cheaper machine & that's a smart one to save a few bucks but still function as needed.