New Colors

/ New Colors #11  
Now I'm a little confused. We're all looking at the same picture that Muhammad attached to his message, right?

Here's what I see:

The secondary navigation bar (Main Index | Archive ...) has gone from blue text on gray background to black text on a light blue background.

The Forum Bar (shows name of forum, etc.) has gone from blue text on a gray background to black text on gray background with a soft gray border.

The Subject Header (Subject, Poster, View, etc.) has gone from white text on a red background to black text on a light blue background. New font, too.

The folder icons have gone from white to yellow.

Overall change is to a softer, more soothing appearance.

I'm not sure why some are not seeing the changes. Maybe it's a color depth issue -- might look better with thousands or millions of colors than with 256 or fewer. Everybody has different computers and monitors, so Muhammad has his work cut out to please all of us.

I think the only color that many of us see clearly is orange. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

HarvSig2.gif

/ New Colors
Mark,

Yes, I didn't forget that! This minor update (which I hope we can implement tomorrow) has a feature that will allow you to directly view the last page in a thread from a forum index. So, for example, you could set your display to be 10 messages per page, and click directly to the 10th page in a 100 message thread. This isn't exactly what you ordered, but we're very close on the option to reverse the message listing, too. I'll see what we can figure out tomorrow.

msig.gif

/ New Colors
Oh, oops... font colors! Links will be blue actually... probably. I will probably make a few more minor changes, and that is just the forum index page - the main index has changed more... so have the flat and threaded viewing pages, and the who's online, etc, etc, etc... many minor things that you might not notice.

msig.gif

/ New Colors #14  
Muhammad - Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing the changes.

MarkC

/ New Colors #15  
Bird, I guess our computers are color blind! My video accelerator card has 32 meg onboard, and has always worked correctly, so I don't suppose its that...only a few months old anyway. Well, I suppose when Muhammad gets through, we will all see the rainbow of colors that he's preparing!

/ New Colors #16  
Yeah, scruffy, that's weird. I just checked again and I sure don't get anything like Harv's description, but I get all kinds of colors on the existing forum (and everything else), even though my IBM's over 2 years old.

Bird

/ New Colors #17  
Bird, I don't have a 'store-bought', never have. This one is an AMD Athlon 700mhz with 256meg ram, 60 gig of h/d, 32 meg video accelerator card, CD-R, CD-RW, internal Zip drive
. It should do the trick, but heck, who knows, I've had some funny things happen with them! We've got 8 pc's around here, and I built them all at one time or another. Got two bigger ones coming up, and this one will wind up on the son's desk, as we play 'hand-me-down' with them. I build a new one for me, and my old one (4 to 6 months) sorta flows downhill.

/ New Colors #18  
scruffy, that's probably the best way to go for those of you who know what you're doing. But I figured I was doing good to add the internal zip drive to my store bought computer (I guess this is my 6th one)./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ New Colors #19  
Looking good, Muhammad!

My eyes feel more relaxed already. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

I look forward to the font colors you mentioned. Right now I have a hard time seeing my "visited" links.

Hey!!! Talk about responsive! I haven't even sent this message yet and you already fixed it! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Maybe I should set you to finding me a tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

You're doing a heck of a job, Dude!

HarvSig2.gif

/ New Colors #20  
I agree Harv, the text is MUCH easier on my 'ol 55+ eyes! Also, it just "seems" quicker? Maybe that red bar took longer to load up?

Now Harv, I think Muhammad mentioned once that you get limited to 500 posts if you don't own a compact tractor /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

Yep, you need yersef a tractor!

BobT.

A Indiana Boy