New BBQ pit in the making

/ New BBQ pit in the making #1  

MutzFarm

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M62
Cant wait. Accumulated the pipe and trailer years ago. That probably half the cost.

Fire box and cook chamber will be made out of the pipe which is 24" in diameter and 1/2" wall. The firebox will be 30" long and the cook chamber is about 80" long.
I will also make a smoker on the end of the cook chamber. I am thinking something around 3'x3'x3'.
Probably wont get really going till after January.
I'll try to throw up some pictures every now and again.

20171211_163459.jpg20171221_153930.jpg

/ New BBQ pit in the making #2  
I’m looking forward to following this project.

/ New BBQ pit in the making #3  
For heavens sake man...you could at least crop those p a l l e t s out of the picture...just move along folks...this is about a pit build nothing more...!

/ New BBQ pit in the making
For heavens sake man...you could at least crop those p a l l e t s out of the picture...just move along folks...this is about a pit build nothing more...!

Pallets are there for good luck.

/ New BBQ pit in the making #6  
You piqued my interest with this project. You call the project a BBQ pit and an accessory smoker. I've been cooking with every emaginable combo of barrels,pipe,sheet metal and masonary for years and would like to build something now. What range of tempatures will you run in the cook chamber? What tempature range for the smoking box?

/ New BBQ pit in the making #7  
Pit? Trailer?

Bruce

/ New BBQ pit in the making #8  
How much will it weigh?

/ New BBQ pit in the making #10  

Just because the pallets are leaning towards a field does not mean they are supernatural. Or does it? :D

Looking forward to seeing pictures of some good BBQ ribs. !!!!