New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues....

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues....
Yep-fully closing that valve prevents downward drift of deck and 3pt arms.

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues....
Man, time flies. A year ago today I picked up the BX2380. It now has 128 hours. It’s ok, still dealing with uneven bucket/ snowpusher issue. I give up on that. They had it close back in summer. I’ve checked bolts. Different tires. Have the R14T’s on for winter. Very nice tires. Got some free fill near end of summer- 6 dump truck loads. Got that moved across yard to where I eventually want to put a bigger shed. Then got 2 loads of free crusher run, so I spread that on top of fill. Got chance to push a little snow this past weekend, the 5’ pusher with backdrag is SOOOO nice…
IMG_0749.JPG
IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #54  
Wow, quite the thread Bob! Did you ever get everything all sorted out? I guess i feel pretty fortunate with our BX23s. We bought it brand new in 2017, ZERO issues or problems from day one and its still in perfect condition to this very day. Our dealer was wonderful, and still are. They`ve been very good to us. Only thing we`ve seen since we bought ours, is that Kubota issued a recall on the radiator reservoir tank cap due to seeing some tractors having over heating problems. I guess some didn`t have the hole drilled properly within the tank cap so that the coolant could pass thru back an forth. Kubota mailed a new one to us, but after looking at my original one when the recall came out, the hole was clear in our tank cap, so i saw no reason to put the new updated cap on, which is identical to the original one. So now i have an extra tank cap sitting in my tool box. After looking these tank caps over, i can see with how they are made, that some probably got thru without the hole being checked for blockage from the plastic molding process. A simple drill bit will fix them. Remove the cap, run a drill bit thru the hole, a blast of compressed air to clear any debris, problem fixed. Our BX23s has been wonderful. I did put a full width rops lightbar on ours, added a rear work light. I also bought the aux fuel filter kit from botaproducts and installed it to get rid of the little fuel filter under the tractor. That alone made life easier when changing the fuel filters out once a year. At my age, i hate to be crawling under the tractor to change that tiny little fuel filter.

I also have a thread somewhere in here where i modified a JD420 54" blade to go on our BX. Many told me it wasn`t possible to do. Well, it is, possible. I just couldn`t see buying the Kubota blade when i knew i had a JD blade sitting in my garage doing not much of nothing from my other JD420 tractor. Now i`m able to use the blade on BOTH tractors now, if i want to, lol. Just a matter of switching the hydraulic hoses on the blade. I bought an old JD420 frame from a JD junk yard, cut the front section down, and it bolts right up to the front of our BX.

Anyway, i hope your tractor has been all taken care of and is running well to your expectations.

Wow, quite the thread Bob! Did you ever get everything all sorted out? I guess i feel pretty fortunate with our BX23s. We bought it brand new in 2017, ZERO issues or problems from day one and its still in perfect condition to this very day. Our dealer was wonderful, and still are. They`ve been very good to us. Only thing we`ve seen since we bought ours, is that Kubota issued a recall on the radiator reservoir tank cap due to seeing some tractors having over heating problems. I guess some didn`t have the hole drilled properly within the tank cap so that the coolant could pass thru back an forth. Kubota mailed a new one to us, but after looking at my original one when the recall came out, the hole was clear in our tank cap, so i saw no reason to put the new updated cap on, which is identical to the original one. So now i have an extra tank cap sitting in my tool box. After looking these tank caps over, i can see with how they are made, that some probably got thru without the hole being checked for blockage from the plastic molding process. A simple drill bit will fix them. Remove the cap, run a drill bit thru the hole, a blast of compressed air to clear any debris, problem fixed. Our BX23s has been wonderful. I did put a full width rops lightbar on ours, added a rear work light. I also bought the aux fuel filter kit from botaproducts and installed it to get rid of the little fuel filter under the tractor. That alone made life easier when changing the fuel filters out once a year. At my age, i hate to be crawling under the tractor to change that tiny little fuel filter.

I also have a thread somewhere in here where i modified a JD420 54" blade to go on our BX. Many told me it wasn`t possible to do. Well, it is, possible. I just couldn`t see buying the Kubota blade when i knew i had a JD blade sitting in my garage doing not much of nothing from my other JD420 tractor. Now i`m able to use the blade on BOTH tractors now, if i want to, lol. Just a matter of switching the hydraulic hoses on the blade. I bought an old JD420 frame from a JD junk yard, cut the front section down, and it bolts right up to the front of our BX.

Anyway, i hope your tractor has been all taken care of and is running well to your expectations.
Still dealing with the loader bucket/pusher coming down unevenly, right side still hits first. Tired of dealing with it. I made my own relocation kit for about 1/2 the price of the botaproducts one. Still have to get the Summit 3rd function kit installed so I can try out grapple this spring.

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #56  
Well, picked it back up from dealer yesterday regarding my 3 issues. The bucket did seem level at the dealer on their concrete pad. Tech said he has 20lbs air in right rear tire, 17lbs in left. Adjusted the loader saddles. He was able to adjust the fender on right side so it doesn't rub the seat base bracket. He also added shims to bring the hydraulic pressure up, said he shimmed it to 1900, so when it breaks in it should be in the 1800 range. I also brought my R4 tires back to dealer, they will give me credit toward a full set of the R14T tires. They ordered a set, so who knows when they will show up... ordered some wheel spacers on ebay last night, also will be checking to see how much it costs to get rears loaded
Uneven tire pressure is NOT a fix. It's a no cost bandage so they don't have to make it right. If you have the loader on and work on a side slope with the left side downhill and turn to the right you might find that the left bead pops off. If you drive it any distance after that the bead will not get a lasting seal and will keep going slowly flat, but that new rim will be on you because you let them get away without fixing the new tractor issue.

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #57  
Gator blades worked great. ANOTHER problem has shown up now :mad: :mad: . No biggie unless I want to use the 3 point hitch. I can no longer lock the MMM in the "top" position. It worked awhile back before I took it to dealer in June for other problems. I went to go lock in place a few days ago and now the adjustment knob stops 1 click short of going to "top" position. I know the MMM linkage has to be helped down when deck is off as it gets stuck and won't lower past tractor frame rail without the deck on, I have to give it a good yank to get it to drop to mount the deck. On the other hand, I finally got around to putting the R14T tires on, I shall see how well they ride when mowing, I put 24psi in both front and rears...
The MMM adjustment knob is a use it or lose it thing. If you don't adjust it periodically it will freeze up and the repair is to remove the deck, get under there and lube and work the part that limits the drop until its free. sooner or latter I'll tired of fixing it and remember to just turn the knob with the deck fully raised.

i fixed the uneven loader myself. When I loosened up the loader frame plate on the left side( I left the right side alone), the bucket went level. As soon as I tightened up the front bolts, the bucket raised off ground. So I added a washer between tractor and loader frame at the front 2 holes, alot better. Added a washer behind the 3rd bolt at top, seems to be level now. Made sure tire pressures even side to side before starting. We'll see if it stays the same when I switch to turf tires in spring....

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #59  
Bob, can you post
i fixed the uneven loader myself. When I loosened up the loader frame plate on the left side( I left the right side alone), the bucket went level. As soon as I tightened up the front bolts, the bucket raised off ground. "So I added a washer between tractor and loader frame at the front 2 holes", alot better. Added a washer behind the 3rd bolt at top, seems to be level now. Made sure tire pressures even side to side before starting. We'll see if it stays the same when I switch to turf tires in spring....
I believe this placing "washers" in there is a band-aid fix and its going to come back as the same problem you started with when it works itself loose.

You are actually losing rigidness by using washers in there because you are moving the solid mounting for your FEL away from the solid tractor frame, and leaving an air gap.

I would have loosened BOTH sides, and settled & leveled everything out, then i would have tightened the left side first, if you`re saying it was the left side was the trouble maker.

Most of all, how do we even know, that it is actually the left side that is causing the main issue. What kinds of measuring have you done to compare.

I`m just trying to makes heads & tails of what`s going on here. Pretty hard to see things from my house to yours.

Last edited:
Bob, can you post

I believe this placing "washers" in there is a band-aid fix and its going to come back as the same problem you started with when it works itself loose.

You are actually losing rigidness by using washers in there because you are moving the solid mounting for your FEL away from the solid tractor frame, and leaving an air gap.

I would have loosened BOTH sides, and settled & leveled everything out, then i would have tightened the left side first, if you`re saying it was the left side was the trouble maker.

Most of all, how do we even know, that it is actually the left side that is causing the main issue. What kinds of measuring have you done to compare.

I`m just trying to makes heads & tails of what`s going on here. Pretty hard to see things from my house to yours.
Took washers out. Gonna fiddle with it some more today-this is what I’m dealing with, tires even pressure side to side and front to back. Dealer took it on Feb 9,2021 to try and correct this issue. Second time I dropped it off in June I think. I only have the service order receipt for second attempt where they put different air pressure in rear tires. I think I’ll be sending pics and letter to corporate about this issue. I’m going to kindly request a new loader setup(frame holders, loader, ssqa mount) - it just isn’t right. I shouldn’t have to deal with poor workmanship…

Attachments

• 0609A2F7-1DCB-44F5-84A7-B492BEAC083E.jpeg
    0609A2F7-1DCB-44F5-84A7-B492BEAC083E.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 85
  • A5C28807-D54D-4920-9528-8FC8315CDB5D.jpeg
    A5C28807-D54D-4920-9528-8FC8315CDB5D.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 77
Last edited: