New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues....

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #31  
My situation is much different but I would be curious if it's cost why more people go with a MMM? My zero turn can mow at 6-8 mph and I get 3 acres within 2-1/2 hrs. My tractor does the other chores such as grading driveway, moving large trees. I guess I could see a MMM if I lived in a neighborhood and had, say 2 acres.
It's not cost for me. It's multiple uses.

I bought my JD2210 w/MMM with 100hrs on the clock for $9,500. It does all the tasks I listed above. So now, it's not prudent at all to consider spending more money to buy a tool that just mows the yard. If the JD quits me I'll replace it.

I mow somewhere around 3 acres. I can mow it all in 4 hours. It's not a wide open yard. The biggest open piece is under an acre. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that a ZT would mow it faster.

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues....
Shoulda kept the 1870 and just bought a zero turn....

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues....
Well. another problem popped up. Every once in awhile when on uneven areas I hear a loud pop. Wondering what the hell it is, I get off tractor and look at seat/fender mounting areas. the left side there is about 3/4" between seat rail/frame and edge of fender. Right side there is less than a 1/4" between seat and fender. Seat frame/rails seem tight-nothing loose. Plus side I've mowed 3 times and have just under 1/2 tank fuel left, not sure if it drops fast now ....

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #34  
Dieselbob69, I am surprised by the issues you are having with the uneven loader and the other issue you noted. I see you bought from Messicks. I have bought 2 Kubota's from them. A BX2370 with 60" MMM, FEL, 4 foot bucker, ROP lights, Woods 50" tiller which I love. Then I bought a B2601 with same setup with a 5 foot bucket. No issues from either of them. You stated that the hydraulics are slow. As I recall the BX2370 I owned only had 1 hydraulic pump so the faster the motor RPM the faster the hydraulics. My B2601 has 2 hydraulic pumps, 1 for attachments, 1 for the trans. So, even at low idle the attachments work pretty good.

I know some of the guys at Messicks. Curious who your sales person was?

Last edited:
Nope, didn’t buy from Messicks, live in WNY, so one of local dealers that has 2 locations. This problem not so much dealer as quality of fitment. Seems odd that it’s doing it now 5th month into owning it…

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #36  
Nope, didn’t buy from Messicks, live in WNY, so one of local dealers that has 2 locations. This problem not so much dealer as quality of fitment. Seems odd that it’s doing it now 5th month into owning it…
My bad about Messicks. They sell up and down the east coast so it would have been possible to buy from them. After rereading you got the sway bar kit from them. :)

I'm not sure, but MAY have found the uneven bucket issue. After mowing , I hooked loader back up. As I was lowering the loader, I noticed that the left side quick attach didn't look even where it slides into top of bucket. Checked all the measurements between left and right side, same. Left side doesn't fully seat into top of bucket. Latches are seated. Unlatched and took bucket off. Eyeballing the SSQA plate that's attached to front of loader, it sure looks like it's bent back ever so slightly. Got a level out and set it across front of plate-flat against right side, a decent gap on left. I'll get some pics and post to see what forum members think....

IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG
IMG_0215.JPG
IMG_0214.JPG
IMG_0213.JPG

First photo is the left side, latch is fully seated. Seems like the mounting isn't fully seated into bucket. Second photo is right side, which looks like it is properly seated into bucket. Third photo is full view, no wobble of level on the floor, tires even pressure side to side. Am I crazy or do other people see what I see??? I am going to dealer on Wednesday to see what can be done, along with the right seat base hitting the fender lip just above fuel tank...

Last edited:
Well, picked it back up from dealer yesterday regarding my 3 issues. The bucket did seem level at the dealer on their concrete pad. Tech said he has 20lbs air in right rear tire, 17lbs in left. Adjusted the loader saddles. He was able to adjust the fender on right side so it doesn't rub the seat base bracket. He also added shims to bring the hydraulic pressure up, said he shimmed it to 1900, so when it breaks in it should be in the 1800 range. I also brought my R4 tires back to dealer, they will give me credit toward a full set of the R14T tires. They ordered a set, so who knows when they will show up... ordered some wheel spacers on ebay last night, also will be checking to see how much it costs to get rears loaded

Did the 50 hr service. Engine oil & filter, hydraulic fuel filter, and the fuel filter in engine bay. I did the fuel filter relocation for the one that is under tractor to side mount. Put Gator blades on the deck, pretty surprised on how little buildup of grass there was on deck. Alot better than the 54" that was on the BX1870.Added 2 Harbor Freight LED lights, put them on ROPS utilizing the top hole of 2 that is on each side(not the foldable part)-I have the left one pointing forward because SMV sign is behind it, and the right one is facing rearward, but can swing it forward if needed. I used inline wire taps and used wires that go to rear lights that work with factory dash switch. For as little as I use the lights, shouldn't be a problem. I also put the 2" wheel spacers on, we'll see how much improvement that is on the tippy feeling. Got a estimate of around $150 to load the rear tires with rimguard, I'll wait on that for now....