New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues....

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #1  

dieselbob69

Gold Member
Tractor
'21 Kubota BX2380
Hi folks! Well, after 499.1 hrs and 61 months of ownership, I traded the trusty BX1870 in for a brand spanking new BX2380. It's equipped with 60" MMM (NOT the drive over junk) and the LA344S loader with SS attach bucket. First impressions- the 4wd is a more definitive/easier to engage than the BX1870. Sit a little bit higher than the 1870. I like the loader control placement. Love quick attach bucket. Removing the loader and hydraulic lines looks pretty simple and easy, but dealer didn't have anyone to show me( I even brought my trade to them and picked new one up). Like the front grille guard. I ordered another fuel filter housing for relocating the fuel filter from underneath tractor to side of tractor. I ordered some LED lights for the headlights off eBay, the 896 bulbs are available at local parts stores, but not in LED. I need to get some lights for the roll bar like I had on the 1870. I bought the bucket level indicator rod, need to install that. Putting the Messick's sway bar kit on this one, took it off the 1870. Also painting up A12 BX hitch receiver so I can install it on 2380(hopefully it will mount up). Only thing I'm not to fond of so far is the amount of fore/aft movement in the loader frame when I rest it on ground, not sure if that's because of the way it mounts/dismounts the tractor.

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues....
Ok, a couple issues I found. First one not a biggie, missing the little black grip on the left loader disconnect handle. Second thing- the hydraulics are slowwwwww. The mmm wouldn't descend-it was up all way-then when I put foot on edge of deck it would lower slow. The 3 point arms , only way they go down is if I step on it while pushing lever down, will have to hook up ballast box and work it up and down. I did turn the hydraulic speed control to fast, also tried the lowering arms with tractor off then starting and letting idle to bleed system. Third thing- when I put loader bucket on ground, right side contacts first and about an inch gap on left side-if I put bucket level on ground, the left loader arm/rear support moves back. I checked tire pressures, the fronts were about 30 psi each, so I put them both at 18 psi, rears I went to 18 psi also. No change on the level of bucket when first contacting ground. I'll have to disconnect bucket next and see if anything is wedged under the upper attaching point of the bucket to the quick-attach....

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #3  
Congratulations on new tractor. Enjoy!

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #4  
Are you saying the loader frame is moving in the frame mounts that are on the tractor?

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #5  
Several years ago someone reported problems with lowering the 3pt. In their case the speed valve was defective. There's not much scientific about the lowering process. So somewhere there's a limit to hydraulic fluid movement. With the MMM hanging on it, lowering speed should be violently quick with the speed valve full open.

If it's handy, I would reload and take it back to the dealer with your list of issues. They didn't "dealer prep" the machine very well of they would have caught these issues.

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues....
Are you saying the loader frame is moving in the frame mounts that are on the tractor?
Yes, the left side. It looks like it's sitting in it's saddle correctly, so I'm puzzled. I also set bucket level on garage floor, loosened both sides of the loader frame to tractor frame, it did shift some on left side, and re-tightened. No change. I'll have to stop by dealer on Thursday and show them video I took.

Several years ago someone reported problems with lowering the 3pt. In their case the speed valve was defective. There's not much scientific about the lowering process. So somewhere there's a limit to hydraulic fluid movement. With the MMM hanging on it, lowering speed should be violently quick with the speed valve full open.

If it's handy, I would reload and take it back to the dealer with your list of issues. They didn't "dealer prep" the machine very well of they would have caught these issues.
I tried it some more tonight after I let it warm up. The lever needs quite a bit of pressure in order for the 3 point arms to go down like they should, alot more than my 1870... so I think that issue is resolved at least....

I got my LED headlights I ordered off eBay- a 3 pack for around $13. Installed them and they look nice and bright. I bought some LED squares and harness kit to mount on my ROPS. I got the mower deck off. Still need to investigate that stupid seat switch, I think I just zip tied it down on the 1870. Got the Messick's adjustable links installed along with the Ai2 BX receiver hitch. I also ordered another Kubota fuel filter housing to replace that dinky fuel filter underneath.

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #9  
I've never mounted a loader on a Bota but I can tell you I have had several JD tractor/loader combos and if I had ever had one the loader frame moved in the tractor mounting brackets it would be at the dealer getting something done about it. Something is wrong if that's happening.

IMG_0113.JPG
so this is why my loader doesn’t sit level....they're both at 18psi. Guess I'll be taking them to dealer to see if they have 2 the same height....