Need 3204 info please.....

/ Need 3204 info please..... #1  

Pud2

Tractor
New Holland TZ18DA
Hi all, newbie to this forum....I am shopping for a lawn/garden tractor,(mainly to cut grass with, but also some light utility work) .
I believe(!) I like the CC 3204, anyone here have one that can tell me some things about it?
The CC website seems to indicate the mowing attachment does not come with the tractor...any idea how much the 54" mower will cost?
Have never bought a lawn tractor, do dealers in general sell at MSRP?
Any pointers I should know BEFORE I walk into a dealer?
Appreciate any and all constructive comments! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
THANK YOU!
Pud2

/ Need 3204 info please..... #2  
A friend of mine has had one for about 2 years now - no major problems, but a couple minor ones resolved by himself. The dealer was'nt much help. I think he wound up giving about MSRP of the tractor + $100 + tax for his machine (basically the dealer added the deck for $100 - that was the discount). He is pretty happy overall with it.

/ Need 3204 info please..... #3  
They are real good machines...trouble free for me thus far at 85 hours and counting fast....You can get a 3204 w/ 48" for $5100 so the 54" would only be a few hundred more tops...

The hydrolic's are nice I have the front blower and front hitch and it works incredible...see pic links...

Duc

Cub 3204 snow

Cub 3204

Cub 3204 #3

/ Need 3204 info please.....
OK gentlemen!
After reading all I could on the machines here and other places,I went and got a quote for a new,2004 model 3204 with a 54" deck AND a 17CF cart.
The dealer gave me a written quote for all the above, a grand total of $5699.00
So, how does this sound in the real world?
I am going to do this...just need to see if this is a reasonable price for me, and a reasonable profit for the dealer.
So, what say ye folks???
PUD2

/ Need 3204 info please..... #5  
Pud2 around here (NC) that's a good price and if it includes tax - it's a very good price ! Good Luck with the new Cub.

Hey om21braz,
well, no...that does not include tax, but good to hear that is a decent price otherwise.
Seemed pretty decent to me, and the dealer SEEMS to be pretty good also.....the price includes delivery with everything already checked out, ready to roll w/oil and full tank of gas.
Still have a couple more places to check first, wanted to get a baseline to work from.
PUD2

/ Need 3204 info please..... #7  
How much was the cart in this quote? just so I know the actual cost of tractor and deck...in my opinion you will not find a machine with more capabilities for the price...

Duc

Hey Duc,
they are giving me the cart for cost plus assembly(25.00).
I believe that ends up being app. $279.00....Don't have the paperwork in front of me, I think the tractor + deck was $5420.00........
OK?
PUD2

/ Need 3204 info please..... #9  
Exactly what I paid for mine last year but mine is only a 20 HP and 44" deck....WAAAH /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

This year is now 23 HP and it will power a 54" deck.....

The attachments get pricey but are well made..my front hitch was $750 and the blower was $1300....see links above for pictures but it works unbelievable (throws snow 70+ feet easily)

Its a real strong machine...I havent heard bad things about them!! besides who offers full hydrolics, an machine that weighs 850lbs, cast Iron rear end and shaft drive & attachments for $<5400 complete?? Nobody!!

Duc

UPDATE, UPDATE!!
Well, here is the bad news, and the good news........
After REALLY planning to get the Cub Cadet 3204, I started talking financing....and found out that CC has a lousy interest rate/financing plan. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I had already pretty much decided on the size/type tractor I wanted, so, I started doing some intense shopping and comparisons.
Anyhow, after sll this, I have decided to go with....are you ready?......... REALLY?? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif (drum roll please!) a New Holland TZ18DA......! I think it is ideally suited for my needs(MUCH more $, but hey, excellent quality and features are great too)
I got an EXCELLENT price, a GREAT interest rate, and my tractor with 54" mower is due to be delivered tommorow! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Still like Cub's, will keep up with them here.
Thanks for your post's and comments...guess I need to also go to the NH forums now???!